•  

Thread: 2009 Chevy Aveo LS auto stalling

What's wrong with my car?
      Richards Bay, Kwa Zulu Nation, South Africa
      Thanks

2009 Chevy Aveo LS auto stalling

Hi...new to site.I am currently having issues with my Chevy aveo(sedan LS auto 2009 model).I bought the car last year with about 103 000 km now at 125 800 km

All was great till a couple of months back. Almost every time I pull up to a stop or go over a hump the engine would stall as soon I try to accelerate.I took the car to the GM approved dealership they could not find any fault codes and it did not stall when they did a test drive.They suggested cleaning the Throttle body.

It was cleaned,however as i drove out of the garage my brakes stopped working.Left the car there for further diagnostics.got a report that that the rear brake wheel cylinders were faulty(over skimmed they said, some piston in the drums was not returning to its home position) fitted in new ones.

Car drove great for about three weeks then it stalled while I was cruising at about 50km/hr on the road.Started the car it started but it will rev up and not change gears.I pull to the side of the road switch off engine take off keys off the ignition for about two minutes or so car starts ok. No CEL/any fault lights no funny noises or jerking.I also checked for loose wire connections or wires that might be getting in contact with hot engine parts.no luck.

Currently I am sitting with this problem, it stalls whenever it feels like, sometimes holds at one gear(I think 3rd) then I start the cycle pull to the side of the road take out the keys start the car after two minutes.

Any advice?

Richards Bay, Kwa Zulu Nation, South Africa
      Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrib Aveo View Post
      Hi...new to site.I am currently having issues with my Chevy aveo(sedan LS auto 2009 model).I bought the car last year with about 103 000 km now at 125 800 km

All was great till a couple of months back. Almost every time I pull up to a stop or go over a hump the engine would stall as soon I try to accelerate.I took the car to the GM approved dealership they could not find any fault codes and it did not stall when they did a test drive.They suggested cleaning the Throttle body.

It was cleaned,however as i drove out of the garage my brakes stopped working.Left the car there for further diagnostics.got a report that that the rear brake wheel cylinders were faulty(over skimmed they said, some piston in the drums was not returning to its home position) fitted in new ones.

Car drove great for about three weeks then it stalled while I was cruising at about 50km/hr on the road.Started the car it started but it will rev up and not change gears.I pull to the side of the road switch off engine take off keys off the ignition for about two minutes or so car starts ok. No CEL/any fault lights no funny noises or jerking.I also checked for loose wire connections or wires that might be getting in contact with hot engine parts.no luck.

Currently I am sitting with this problem, it stalls whenever it feels like, sometimes holds at one gear(I think 3rd) then I start the cycle pull to the side of the road take out the keys start the car after two minutes.

Any advice?

I think i might have found the solution to this problem.Car being driving great for the past 3000km.
      Will post pics once my data bundles are reloaded for this month.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I think i might have found the solution to this problem.Car being driving great for the past 3000km.
      I'm intrigued to see what was the problem you found. Keeps us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Have you fixed the issue? I have the same problem too with my aveo 2006 LT sedan auto transmission. Thank you.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Any advice?
      Have you replaced the air intake hose. If the is damage to this hose it can cause it to stall if it sucks too much air.