•  

Thread: 04 Chevy Aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

04 Chevy Aveo

So I have a 2004 Chevy Aveo Sedan and I want to find aftermarket parts that i can find to upgrade it.
      I would like if anyone knows any good parts to install on my car and the links to where to get the parts. Please and Thank You

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      04? How many miles? Before you go upgrading IMO you should replace all the plugs, wires, belts (inlcluding timing belt) and probably have all the gaskets looked at. At 10 years old those gaskets are nearly hosed and is probably leaking some oil down the block. Also, if you're still running the stock air intake I'd say that cheap rubberish intake is probably cracked. They seem to only last 5 or so years before they start dry rotting.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Also what are your goals? Speed, economy, looks, that is kind of a big factor.

Thanks
      I put the Underdrive Crank Pulley on my 04' about 40K ago. Made a little difference. Slows the accessories down a bit, frees up a tiny amount of power and fuel mileage. I got it from a Vender on here. Depending on where you live and the smog police.... There is another tiny bit of potential by taking pressure off the engine's exhaust side if you cut out the muffler and replace it with a 7$ section of straight Napa pipe and gutting the rear cat. Also, the hot coolant line that runs through the throttle body could be re-routed around it to help provide colder (non heated) air and the EGR could be correctly removed for power and mileage gains, but that takes homework. But all that is after a full blown tune up/clean up and making sure the thing runs like a champ. Their's a few threads on here about headers and air intakes as well... Running full synthetics in everything to free up friction is also a proven way to make numbers better.
      Last edited by Lola; 05-14-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
      I put the Underdrive Crank Pulley on my 04' about 40K ago. Made a little difference. Slows the accessories down a bit, frees up a tiny amount of power and fuel mileage. I got it from a Vender on here. Depending on where you live and the smog police.... There is another tiny bit of potential by taking pressure off the engine's exhaust side if you cut out the muffler and replace it with a 7$ section of straight Napa pipe and gutting the rear cat. Also, the hot coolant line that runs through the throttle body could be re-routed around it to help provide colder (non heated) air and the EGR could be correctly removed for power and mileage gains, but that takes homework. But all that is after a full blown tune up/clean up and making sure the thing runs like a champ. Their's a few threads on here about headers and air intakes as well... Running full synthetics in everything to free up friction is also a proven way to make numbers better.
      ummm, about all that...all of that may yield 1-2 hp at best.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Well I'm looking for speed, and it has about 47,546 miles and I changed the spark plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter like a month ago. I did upgrade the speakers and radio I have 5 1/4 kickers in the front and 6x9 pioneers in the back, I've also replaced the brake pads like a few weeks ago

Thanks
      Check out a cold air intake, redo ur exhaust with 2" piping, and if u can find the header get one. u could also port ur stock exhaust manifold and remove the pre cat and replace it with a flange that bolts to the manifold and straight pipe right into the flex pipe, its a simple solution to a header fix and I am surprised more people haven't done it. It should cost well under $100, and take a few hours to remove the manifold, port, and re install. The opening of ur exhaust will open up your mid range to top end significantly. Further down the line u could get reground cams for about $250 plus the core ( ur old ones) and tune it with possibly an Apex SAFC or a greddy unit, but start with the easy stuff first