•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windshield Cracking?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Windshield Cracking?

The shop that quoted me $180 installed only offers HANGLAS laminated windshields for the Aveo up here, which is exactly the same windshield that comes in the car...aka OEM. I agree, OEM is best, however I see no reason to not save some money where applicable. Personally if they offered one without a blue tint strip I would get it, because I run a 5% eyebrow on all my cars anyways.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Windshield Cracking?

for some reason ppg and diamond auto glass are the cheapest for me, perhaps that is because they are "made here"? or they want us to keep thinking that?

aftermarket matches everything to oem options. you can even get the antennas etc added to the windshield on special order. factory dipped glass (tinted) etc. and it still comes out less or about the price of dealer list.

i think you do have a point about you deductible, i have full coverage because its required and as long as the car is nice i keep it, but i have checked into the glass coverage yet. i should read that my car needs a windshield still..
      maybe it because dealers call the aftermarket installers to put in the glass anyhow.. that i choose aftermarket. eliminate the middle man, get the better installer with more experience. Ive painted enough rotting rusty roofs on 3-4 year old cars because the glass knife cut the window opening down to bare metal..

but like you said its our choice/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123