•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy your Aveo?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Why did you buy your Aveo?

My Aveo replaced a rusty old crappy honda that kept breaking down (was fun to drive though). My Aveo has never let me down despite my being a less than good owner.

I am curious about a few things though. Are the KYB shocks equivalent to stock, or do they offer better performance?

Also, for those of you who own the newer ones like 2009 or 2010 - have they done anything about the creaky suspension noises?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Also, for those of you who own the newer ones like 2009 or 2010 - have they done anything about the creaky suspension noises?

My 2009 only has 2000 miles on it, but there are no noises or rattles.

Thanks

I bought my 2008 Aveo 4 Door Manual because...

1. Got for 0% Interest for 72 Months
      2. Got a $500 discount because of incentives from the company I work for.
      3. They were the cheapest of all the other boxes I was shopping for.
      4. The sales person actually came to see me to see if I wanted some help. (unlike Chrysler and Kia)

Too bad I bought the car before the major incentives of $9995 Aveo Base....

Am I happy with the car? Meh. Brings me from A to B...

CONS:
      1. It rattles like a piece of cr*p...
      2. suspension squeaks
      3. handles like a truck.

PROS:
      1. Not bad sound system
      2. OK gas mileage
      3. pretty quiet engine when cruising...
      4. comfortable on long trips.
      5. feels like a big car compared to other small models.
      6. relatively good paint compared to other makes...
      2008 Aveo LS Sedan Manual - Flame Red
      Detailer at heart!

Espresso...
      Thanks

After taking in my Olds 88 for some routine maintenance and finding out that it needed some heavy-duty repair work costing quite a bit, i decided that it would be more economical in the long run to purchase something newer off the lot. After considering a Buick LeSabre, a Cavalier and a Sunfire, i thought that i would try out a Pontiac Wave.

I was thinking that a small, economical vehicle would be best to suit my needs. I was planning to land a job outside of the city that i live in and also i wanted to ecourage my wife to, at least, get her beginner's licence, since my wife loves small cars. I test drove it twice: once with the salesperson and once with my wife. both runs were great. the tall-car concept made it such an easy transition from my old boat with plenty of interior space for myself and passengers. my wife loved the car and enjoyed the ride, of course, getting her to get her licence proved to be a joke. the only thing she'll ever drive is her bus pass.

the only thing that i don't like is the cupholders. dumb spot, right in front of the heating controls. then again, i don't really have anything in there most of the time anyway.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG
      Do the DRL's shut off when the handbrake is applied?

That's where I installed the mod on my Firefly (Metro) - I put an ON/OFF switch inline with the contact switch in the handbrake mechanism. Mounted the switch in the plastic housing around the brake (you could run it anywhere you want, I suppose).

Now I can choose to turn the lights off where their contribution to safety is negligible (ie. on a divided multi-lane freeway).

Welcome to the forum, Will.
      Maybe I didn't understand it correctly, but I believe the guy I bought it from had this (he did not know about the relay under the dash), so he ran two wires and connected a switch to them. The biggest problem I had with that was that the "Brake" light would come on on the dash so you wouldn't know if you actually have a problem with a brake system... Hope this makes sense. I had to disconnect mine altogether because the reduced voltage wouldn't work with HID's. Plus they're not required by law over here. And I like running just my LED eyelids with Fogs..
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byron84
      My Aveo replaced a rusty old crappy honda that kept breaking down (was fun to drive though). My Aveo has never let me down despite my being a less than good owner.

I am curious about a few things though. Are the KYB shocks equivalent to stock, or do they offer better performance?

KYB is definitely better. And from what I understand about the 04-08 hatch - the suspension creaking is from the sway bar bushings. I'm yet to take the sway bar off and wrap the sway bar/bushings with teflon. Hope that actually works. Anyone here actually done it?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I bought it because the price was far better than a Nissan Sentra that a friend tried to talk me in to getting after he had jst bought one.

Once I found out my GM Mastercard rebate could be used in its entirety on the Aveo purchase, it was a no brainer to buy it...... I had racked up a $2000 discount over the years!

I'll keep it and add a turbo Kalos Princess's Avatar
      Thanks

Not going to lie. The Tahiti Green got me! Also, the comparable models were out of my price range for what I wanted. I love it though.
      2009 Tahiti Green Aveo5 named Kalos
      Tinted windows
      Blacked out chevy emblems/license plate cover

Thanks

I split off the DRL disabling discussion to another thread so its more easily found by others looking to do the same.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I bought this 06 aveo svm for 8400 with cc and ac added. It had 11,000 miles on it and that should say it all.. It was a amaller car which I really like and I get great mileage. Best tank was 39.1 worst tank was 28 or 29 in 30 below temps here in mn. I think there was a snow storm that week too and stop and go traffic on a 70 mile one way commute will kill your mpg. It is a manual trans which I perfer with a 4 cyl engine. Yeah it doesn't ride great (especially with 44 psi) but it is a economy car not a luxury rig. Love my aveo. Wasn't crazy about the color at first but the spicy orange grew on me. BTW it was between this or a ranger with 4 cyl and the fact that most people who drive pickups are driving empty 95 % of the time ment I can use my trailer and saturn instead. Aveo soon to get a hitch. =D>

'06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast