•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why did you buy an Aveo?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I got one because it is cheaper to drive then my suburban I wish gas wasn't so much but going through 40 gal of gas and where from half a week to a week gets a little spendy and people will get out of your way when are in the fast lane going slower then the speed limit.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Well, my f150 was melting a hole in my debit card at the gas pump. lol

Needed something good on gas and cheap. Also I missed a manual trans.

My first car was 83 camaro v6,manual trans. Loved that car. I still miss it.
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan (manual tranny)
      Adding water to oil does NOT clean your engine, It reshapes connecting rods.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I got mine couse they are good on gas.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I bought mine cause I wanted a subcompact, wanted to take advantage of the red tag special 0.0% apr for the life of the loan, and use the $900 GM card rewards that were about to expire.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Someone back out of a driveway and totaled my POS Ford Probe SE, and I needed something cheap on gas and insurance.
      2008 Chevy Aveo LT

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      i got mine due to the Price and how i was able to talk the dealer into a deal that Screwed them over where they had to add power windows pay the tax i mean i jacked them i said what i was willing to pay and that was out the door and if they where going to try to wheel and deal i was going to walk i did it to 2 other dealers that day. glad i got it it's the best car i have ever owned. i want the 2008 model now.
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
      Well, I'd better chime in too...

I was daily driving a 83 VW GTI and my bum left knee (clutch knee) did not like the 5 spd in stop and go commuter traffic. I had done some online browsing before hand and thought the Aveo with a Auto trans would work for me.

I didn't really want to get into a car payment but... one Friday night on the way home I just took my sore knee to the Chevy dealer. Test drove a hatch with an auto trans. But decided to get a LS sedan for the full size trunk. My daughters car seat would be in the middle rear seat, so no folding them down unless I remove it, which is a pain just to get more room.

This works out fine, I won't ever need to remove the car seat and there is plenty of room in the trunk for my future single subwoofer and groceries.

Ron

Thanks

Too hard to pass on...

Basically budget, having the S4 is no cheap thing and commuting 100mi/day is not cheap either using premium gas.

Finally during December I saw a newspaper Ad with a bunch of discounts for the Aveo 08 plus an extra $1K off if you showed up on Christmas Eve , on top of that I received during November a $2K coupon from GM to get out of a Non-GM lease or towards the purchase of a new model.. so I decided to spend a few hours at the dealer and see what I could come up with.

Dealer chocked when I pulled out the coupon after they openly started to give discounts.. At that point they were offering $6800 and I fighted a little bit more, at the end and looking at the manager's frustration (they pulled all sorts of tricks, from the Ad car is a specific stock #, true but I was negotiating the ad car, the coupon could not be combined, false... etc), I agreed at $6200 + tax, so I gave the Tax + $200 down and financed the rest.

The good thing is that my company re-imburses me for millage and basically the car pays by itself.

Right now and after about 1300 mi since Dec/24 I've learn to appreciate the car, it's actually fun to drive, gas millage is really good and the balance on the car is phenomenal (even stock).. I guess the experience w/ the S4 it's paying off.

Anyways.. I'm glad to join this Forum

Thanks
      I got mine because I was ready to trade in my Cavalier, and the local dealership had 2 Aveo's on clearance. I fell in love. =D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345