•  

Thread: Top 10 Safest and Most Dangerous Cars

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Top 10 Safest and Most Dangerous Cars

and you are NOT going to like where The Aveo Ended up...

Study Reveals Safest And Most Dangerous Cars [TOP 10] : From A to B : Design & Trend

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      and you are NOT going to like where The Aveo Ended up...

Study Reveals Safest And Most Dangerous Cars [TOP 10] : From A to B : Design & Trend
      At least it's not #1 on the list. Thankfully people don't usually drive around Bedford like chickens with their heads cut off. Wrecks really don't happen that often here, there is the occasional fender bender though.

-Andrew

Thanks

Top 10 Safest and Most Dangerous Cars

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      At least it's not #1 on the list. Thankfully people don't usually drive around Bedford like chickens with their heads cut off. Wrecks really don't happen that often here, there is the occasional fender bender though.

-Andrew
      Feel sorry for Kia Rio owners, because according to the IIHS, their car is pretty much a death trap in their eyes; although my previous car FAILED the IIHS offset test.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2010AveoLT For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (01-31-2015)

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Im not going to say its total bs. But how are those numbers accurate? IS per million registered, really a point to count the number of deaths? I would rather see of reported crashes, or number of cars totaled by the insurance companies.

The thing this does not take into account is people who buy the cheapest car out there, are also typically the people who cannot afford maintenance, like safe tires for example. Cheap cars are also the choice for younger drivers who are often more involved in accidents. etc. Or even asks about seat belt usage. Its not just a straight statistic per 1 million units. And it is not necessarily the cars fault, of course when your kia rio gets hit by the larger SUVs in the safe category your going to get more damage, and more damage means your likely to get hurt, or die.

Which brings up another point, the audi a4 is on the list of safest cars. I am not saying that is inaccurate, but audi produces less that 400k a4's a year (closer to 300, but not sure of the actual number) worldwide. Where are these 1 million registers cars being driven?

sorry /rant its the cars fault.
      Last edited by petrified.rabbit; 01-31-2015 at 02:19 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (01-31-2015)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Im not going to say its total bs. But how are those numbers accurate? IS per million registered, really a point to count the number of deaths? I would rather see of reported crashes, or number of cars totaled by the insurance companies.

The thing this does not take into account is people who buy the cheapest car out there, are also typically the people who cannot afford maintenance, like safe tires for example. Cheap cars are also the choice for younger drivers who are often more involved in accidents. etc. Or even asks about seat belt usage. Its not just a straight statistic per 1 million units. And it is not necessarily the cars fault, of course when your kia rio gets hit by the larger SUVs in the safe category your going to get more damage, and more damage means your likely to get hurt, or die.

Which brings up another point, the audi a4 is on the list of safest cars. I am not saying that is inaccurate, but audi produces less that 400k a4's a year (closer to 300, but not sure of the actual number) worldwide. Where are these 1 million registers cars being driven?

well, like Andrew said, At Least we aren't number One; but on the subject of Maintenance, I recently replaced my Wiper Blades because they were starting to fall apart (and they've been on Scoots since they day I bought her)and I actually SPLURGED, and got the Trico Flex Wiper Blades (which cost me $35), and my Tires are Cooper CS4s which are about $500 (but I didn't pay that! :P)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post

Another statistic ignored is miles driven. Just like cheaper cars being owned and driven by novice drivers and those who can not afford proper maintenance, the rest are driven by people who use it for long commutes to save money in gas and keep miles off the truck or SUV. I fall into the later, mine is used to burn up gas when we don't need the gas guzzler when all we are doing is taking a trip where heavy large loads are not being brought along. You could have zero deaths per ten million of any car truck or SUV if every owner kept them in the garage.

Every time you fire up the engine on anything you take your chances. The one you are in the most and do the most miles in is the one you have the greatest chance of meeting your maker. I live in MI now and even with the many months I can not ride the Harley I still log more miles on it than my truck, even driving it exclusively most the year. The aveo is far more safe than my two wheel murdercycle.

On on a side note. I had my first Aveo totaled in an accident (not my fault) and it did so well I bought another one, so I kinda take that report as a report on slanted statistics. While my car looked destroyed the passenger compartment was in tact. I have seen full framed several ton cars from decades past not hold up the integrity of the passenger compartment as well in less severe accidents.

Maintain in it like it should, keep good shoes on it, drive smart (wear your seatbelt, something I also seen left out of the report unless I read over it) and it will protect you. Even though mine was totaled I could see how the design preserved the passenger compartment.
      Last edited by Boris Bush; 02-05-2015 at 05:21 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boris Bush For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (02-05-2015),AndrewButler05 (02-05-2015)

Thanks
      The article sure does a good job of bringing the reader to draw a misguided conclusion that "new(er)" cars are somehow "safer" than older ones. About par coming from NHTSA. There are always media attacks on smaller cars, perhaps to influence sales?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 06T200 For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (02-05-2015)