•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for taking care of 2007 Aveo5?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Question Tips for taking care of 2007 Aveo5?

I just got a 2007 Aveo5 with 59K miles on it. It's a ceritfied used car and appears to be running very well. When the hood was open, I did notice the large belt readily visible sounds a little loud (nothing alarming, but just noticeably loud). Is there anything that I should be mindful of when it comes to maintaining this car? Any tips are appreciated.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Aveo5_boy's Avatar
      Thanks
      If it hasn't been done already.......the Aveo5 at 60,000 miles or 100,000KM will need to have the timing belt replaced and while that is being done you may want to replace the water pump too. This will avoid major damage to your engine.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Yeah, timing belt at 60k is all that matters, you should see if it was already done or not.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      hmm, i just replaced mine at 180000 km and it was still in almost new condition. and it was fairly straight forward and easy.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin7898 View Post
      hmm, i just replaced mine at 180000 km and it was still in almost new condition. and it was fairly straight forward and easy.
      The owner's manual specifies to replace the belt at 100,000 KM anything after that is "drive at your own risk".

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Or, if it breaks, come on here, make a new thread named "timing belt" or "broken timing belt", then explain that the timing belt was not changed and broke, ask what needs to be changed, ask where to buy another engine, ask where to get a new head, ask if you can swap a newer engine into a 04-06.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I just bought this thing last week with 59K miles on it from a GM certified dealer. It's certified used and is under warranty for 12K miles/1 year. I imagine they would have changed this rather than risking a ton of repairs to save a few dollars. (pretty reputable dealership). Is there a way I can check, to ensure this was done? Also, can someone post a link to owners manual online?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i doubt they changed it, unless it was traded in at 59k because the belt already broke..

the timing belt is also maintenance, so if it breaks after the 60k mile mark, it is on you, warranty most likely wont cover it.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gorilla p View Post
      I just bought this thing last week with 59K miles on it from a GM certified dealer. It's certified used and is under warranty for 12K miles/1 year. I imagine they would have changed this rather than risking a ton of repairs to save a few dollars. (pretty reputable dealership). Is there a way I can check, to ensure this was done? Also, can someone post a link to owners manual online?
      The dealership you bought it from should have that info for you.....if not, have it inspected. The 2007 Aveo owners manual is probably posted somewhere in the forum but here is a link you can use: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...rolet-Aveo.pdf

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The 1yr/12K warranty is full bumper to bumper. It also includes and 5 yr/100K powertrain warranty. Mine also included 2 years of maintenance including tire rotations and oil changes. (they threw in lifetime car washes as well) The powertrain warranty specifically says that "Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval".
      More info here.
      Used Car Warranty | Bumper-To-Bumper Used Car Warranty | Certified Pre-Owned
      The reason that I purchased this car and probably paid a little too much for it ($7800) is because I wanted something somewhat inexpensive that was clean looking, wasn't too ugly, got good gas mileage and had a good warranty on it. This is the car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast