•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestion for the moderators

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Suggestion for the moderators

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      you fool, toyota will disagree with its 52mpg prius which is saving the world, and keeping its drivers safe. even though the battery leads to more pollution than other cars, it matters not, 52mpg!!!!! and toyota!!!!!

enjoy breaking down in your domestic car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      lol... however, if you look at the entire life cycle of the Prius, from birth to recycling, it most likely pollutes less than a regular car. Just like a paper cup vs styrofoam cups. Believe it or not, over the entire life cycle of the cups, the styrofoam pollutes less.

You can't just look at one part of the car's life cycle or a certain part to say it pollutes more or less than another. The Prius' battery, when toast is still worth $$$. You'll be hard pressed to find it in a landfill.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

it depends on how you look at pollution, that battery will probably still be around when dinosaurs are ruling the earth again.

i actually like the prius, only because it was the car that was "cool" enough to get suv driving hipster yuppies into a more efficient vehicle.

I honestly feel like if the whole SUV push didnt occur, the us would have been better off. pushing more fuel consumption etc. plus that is part of the blame for the need of the bail out, and it is what got many aveo owners here with the cash for clunkers.. the only defense anyone has for the suvs fuel economy is its still better than the cars in the 70s.. but to me thats crap. I tire of seeing one person driving around in an 8-12 mpg suv for status when that is all that is on the road during rush hour. if all those people were driving even v6s us fuel consumption would drop.. imagine if they drove 4 cylinders.

Now i am a car lover and have built gas guzzlers. but i would not sit in traffic with them every day.
      I also understand the need for larger cars when there is a need.

what was this topic about again?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

ugh no one get what i was trying to say

this sums up all of the comments of people who support toyota on yahoo =D>

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

How are the priuses doing on installing the speaker to "imitate engine sound" so pedestrians pay more attention to them and don't get ran over?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      How are the priuses doing on installing the speaker to "imitate engine sound" so pedestrians pay more attention to them and don't get ran over?
      I say let them look left and right. If that doesn't work then they should get run over. Life's tough.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234