•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stage 2

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: stage 2

There is several people online running the 1.4L Aveo's with top-mount intercoolers and everything. They're all over youtube. Maybe you could message one of them? Most of them are in Venezuela I think?

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

i can see the top mount intercooler fitting but the front of the hood is a lot lower than the back..

maybe your just using a smaller turbo than i am picturing.

:LOL:

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

the top mount turbo actually dosnt go up that high when you put it in it only sits about 2 inches over the valve cover but there is a lot more clearance than you would realize. but because of the 1.6 that i have the oil filter siting right in the front and right where i would sit a bottom mount manifold so unless i want to do a lot more work it would just be easier to make the top mount... and if you go to youtube and type in turbo aveo you can see the sit up that i am shooting for as long as everything goes as planned.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

ive seen that video, i guess i thought it was a horizontal log manifold, but now i see it is up right.

and that is a small turbo..

Thanks

No thanks...there is definitely a better way of routing it in there. You can make a turbo fit nicely in the front so long as you plan out your piping the right way. Heat rises, so if you were to go a top mount system you are looking at a lot of power loss there and a lot more intercooler pipe work. Just do a small DSM or VW front mount with a reasonable size Garret turbo in the front where it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      No thanks...there is definitely a better way of routing it in there. You can make a turbo fit nicely in the front so long as you plan out your piping the right way. Heat rises, so if you were to go a top mount system you are looking at a lot of power loss there and a lot more intercooler pipe work. Just do a small DSM or VW front mount with a reasonable size Garret turbo in the front where it's supposed to be.
      diamond stars don't have front mounts they have side mounts and with our cars there is no way to get air to the side to allow it to go through the intercooler to cool the air so it would actually be worse than using the top mount.. and really as long as you are moving the air from the scoop will pull in and it should work out... its really a pain in the ass trying to run a front mount but i guess i will just see what works the best and go from there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inthecease
      diamond stars don't have front mounts they have side mounts and with our cars there is no way to get air to the side to allow it to go through the intercooler to cool the air so it would actually be worse than using the top mount.
      Yeah, DSM's are kinda hidden behind the bumper, but you know what I mean. I didn't know you were planning to run a scoop, in that case a top mount intercooler will do just fine. Front mounts aren't hard...better flow anyways.

Thanks

Re: Good hitting every time

Quote Originally Posted by aobama52
      Good hitting every time
      if you were to hit one right after your golf fitness stretch routine. wholesale golf clubs for your workout can vary depending on what you are attempting to improve. ?ishier?
      KILL SPAM!!!!

Thanks

yeah i went in and pulled my front end apart and took out that stupid air box that went into the stock filter and when i did all of that i figured out a way to install a front mount on it but now i have ran into another problem that i need to figure out. but if any one knows how much pressure our intake manifolds can stand up to that would be great....

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

idk but just be careful that you dont blow the welds on it with that 100 shot of NOS

or fry the piston rings

or granny shift, only double clutch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast