Hey guys,
As most of you might know, some of theearlier Aveo models (mine 2006) came with a stock plastic thermostat housing that had the high propensity of leaking or breaking under normal use.
I followed the advice from many on this forum and swapped the OEM with a two-piece metal thermostat housing (BeckArnley 143-0870 Thermostat) that came with the thermostat.
But as we all know, nothing lasts forever, (mine lasted about 5 years) about a week ago I started getting an error code, which stated that the coolant temp was too low, (can’t remember the exact code) around the same time I noticed that the car’s heater was not heating as hot, nor fast as it had previously. From what I’ve read, this may be indicative of the thermostat remaining partially open and that a replacing the thermostat is a good start.
Unfortunately, Beck Arnley does not sell/make replacements thermostats for their 143-0870 housing set, apparently housing and thermostat are only sold sets. (for my model)
Would someone who has successfully replaced their thermostat that came with the upgraded metal housing, please share the brand and model number used? (assuming that all housings for 2006 aveos are universal)
After reviewing RockAuto and Amazon, I’ve noticed that the thermostats do not come with a gasket, would you also share howmany gaskets are needed? (and parts numbers) I assume two, one for the metal-on metal contact of the two parts of housing and a second gasket where the housing connects to the engine.

Thank you....