•  
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Recall notice for 2009 Aveo's

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      The battery was never really the issue..it was something to do with the computer and as of now that issued has been resolved.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Have there been any further updates on any other recalls? My car is out of warranty, and I just don't want to have any existing problems that could be repaired, if only I knew of them

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the only recall i have heard about was the coilpack/plug recall, i know there were also a few service bulletins, but every car has those. the only "common" issues on the 09+ that arise have been fuel pump, o2 sensors, and the coil packs. OF all the repairs and things that get/need done that people complain about i don't know of enough to consider them common.

i would probably add in the wheel bearings, and rear control arm bushings on the common stuff although many 09+ owners dont have the mileage to need those done, it is common on the older cars, and i have done mine as well already.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I'm worried something is wrong with my front end, I drove home..reversed into my garage and herd a creak sound...got out heard it again...later on..came back out and shook car back and forth..it reproduced sound..long story ahort I feel like I isolated sound to front driverside tire...read reviews about issues with lower control arms, and that the bushings? Are exposed to salt and dirt and can cause them to prematurely dry out or rip? I'm gonna take me tire off tomorrow and see what I can see...

Thanks
      My 2011 Had to have the plug+ recall and my front steering sounds horrible. Ill let you guys know what they say when they look at it. They have to fix a squeaky pulley too.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      the only recall i have heard about was the coilpack/plug recall, i know there were also a few service bulletins, but every car has those. the only "common" issues on the 09+ that arise have been fuel pump, o2 sensors, and the coil packs. OF all the repairs and things that get/need done that people complain about i don't know of enough to consider them common.

i would probably add in the wheel bearings, and rear control arm bushings on the common stuff although many 09+ owners dont have the mileage to need those done, it is common on the older cars, and i have done mine as well already.
      you Just HAD to Remind me of my Own Problem Didn't you... 7 Months with that Check Engine light, and i'm no closer in finding the problem.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I d like to add the mysterious disappearing coolant. I ve read on the old forums from opel/Vauxhall guys and they all had the same problem with no clear cut answer. I loose about 20 oz every third week since the car had about 30,000 miles when I noticed it. I never smoke , so I just said F--- it and wait for a complete failure somewhere. And yes U are absolutely correct about the O2 sensors, I am very thankful for Rock Auto their shipments hit my house in 2 days.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Has anybody had a problem with there 2009 aveo showing a 2135 code and going into limp mode. I reset with my scan gauge but it comes back again. this has been an on going saga with me for a year but was good this past summer. There is a TSP out to change the wiring harness to a tune of Big Bucks. Im not convinced. I have posted this before and wanted to know if anyone else had this problem

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ROXTAR View Post
      my front steering sounds horrible.
      When we bought my 2011 within a week my steering started to squeak too. Didn't think anything of it until one of my friends asked "did you lower the front, or do you have smaller tires?" After seeing what she meant I decided to take it to the dealer and sure enough my suspension arms were bent which caused something to break, can't find my paper work on it and that happened over a year ago. But get it fixed quick, have them check your cambers too. Mine are bent now and some fkn prick at the dealership thought I was talking about alignment. He starts to go on about "so you're driving along and your car pulls to the right, right?" I replied "yes but..." (Already knowing where he was going I was going to try to correct him but ended up getting cut off) he begins "and when you're stopped your steering wheel sits crooked, right" so then very loudly but calm I said "wrong, if you would've bothered to actually read what I handed you we wouldn't have this issue." He looked at me and said "this isn't warranty work"

I lost it. Needless to say I won't go back there. Maybe its just Vegas Chevy dealerships? Got off track, sorry!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I had a 2011 Aveo with 38K and had the plugs changed at dealers about 20 thousand miles ago under this recall. I got a blinking check engine light and bad engine vibrations this weekend, had it towed to the dealer and diagnosed as bad plugs and coil ($400 to fix). I asked if the recall plugs were warrantied and told no. Does anyone know otherwise and if that should have been covered?> Thanks, Dave

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast