•  

Thread: No More Aveo

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

No More Aveo

Well We really liked this car but after 5 years it was going to cost almost 3k to get inspected. There were many problems, I started pricing out the parts and then figuring how much time it would take Me and decided it was time to move on. I sold the nicer rims off it and traded it in for a 2011 Camaro SS that looked like it was never driven.
      Don't really care about gas mileage anymore but the Aveo was Great while it lasted. I knew when I bought this car it would not last long but I expected more than 5 years. I will still be around from time to time but not as much as before.
      Thanks for all that have helped Me with My Aveo!

Here's a pic of the new ride:

2011 Orange Camaro 2SS
      2009 KX450F Motocross
      2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
      2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71
      2009 Aveo Sdn - Traded in 5/24/14
      2004 Grand am GT
      1975 Honda CB500T Motorcycle

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      that's like going from drinking water everyday to yuengling

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      very nice. was it colussy? can I ask how they treated you on trade since you bought it there new?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      very nice. was it colussy? can I ask how they treated you on trade since you bought it there new?
      You tell Me, They offered Me 5k for it after trying to low ball Me. Then they sold the Green Camaro I wanted the day before I finalized the deal.
      I ended up finding this one at Oliverio in McDonald. They gave Me 5200
      It was an 09 Aveo LT sdn.
      Last edited by Rainbow1616; 07-15-2014 at 01:15 AM.
      2011 Orange Camaro 2SS
      2009 KX450F Motocross
      2004 Grand am GT

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Congratulations on Graduating to a Camaro!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
      You tell Me, They offered Me 5k for it after trying to low ball Me. Then they sold the Green Camaro I wanted the day before I finalized the deal.
      I ended up finding this one at Oliverio in McDonald. They gave Me 5200
      It was an 09 Aveo LT sdn.

Eh, not too fair then, I don't like when dealers sell cars that are being truly negotiated on. Its happened to me a few times. Once while waiting for an answer on financing, it was late and had to leave because they were closing. The next day I was told that I was qualified to be able to buy a new one and the guy who came in that morning was barely qualified to buy the used one so they sold it to him and tried to get a second sale out of me going new. There was a $15K price difference.

Tell us a little about your camaro, manual i hope?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Eh, not too fair then, I don't like when dealers sell cars that are being truly negotiated on. Its happened to me a few times. Once while waiting for an answer on financing, it was late and had to leave because they were closing. The next day I was told that I was qualified to be able to buy a new one and the guy who came in that morning was barely qualified to buy the used one so they sold it to him and tried to get a second sale out of me going new. There was a $15K price difference.

Tell us a little about your camaro, manual i hope?
      Even worse than that, The salesman made Me the offer at the end of the day Tuesday. I called back first thing Wednesday morning to accept. My Salesmans day off was Wed and someone else sold the Car Wed Afternoon. I had left him a message Wed morning but apparently that did not matter. I was not happy and will never go back. I even sent off a letter to GM in My anger against Colussy. I know it won't help but I needed to vent *lol*

I love the car so far, been doing various Upgrades to it deciding what will be next. Once you start modding you can't stop! This must have been a garage queen or the owner was afraid of it. Car was Immaculate with just over 12k on it. Front line of sight not bad, got use to it quickly. Rear line of sight another story. Added a backup camera immediately, big difference. Looking to buy a tuner soon so I can experiment and turn off that active fuel management crap. The Green one was a manual this one is an auto but I just couldn't pass up the deal.

The Aveo will always hold a place in My heart. We really liked that car the whole time We had it. My son used that to run back and forth to school in Johnstown. Very economical.
      2011 Orange Camaro 2SS
      2009 KX450F Motocross
      2004 Grand am GT

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
      Well We really liked this car but after 5 years it was going to cost almost 3k to get inspected. There were many problems, I started pricing out the parts and then figuring how much time it would take Me and decided it was time to move on. I sold the nicer rims off it and traded it in for a 2011 Camaro SS that looked like it was never driven.
      Don't really care about gas mileage anymore but the Aveo was Great while it lasted. I knew when I bought this car it would not last long but I expected more than 5 years. I will still be around from time to time but not as much as before.
      Thanks for all that have helped Me with My Aveo!

Here's a pic of the new ride:

Nice Ride! Best of luck with it!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi, Aveo is a supermini car and it is affordable right and it has a low running costs compared to other cars, am I right? However, the Camaro SS here that was posted looks great too. Nice color!