•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Aveo5 Owner

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

New Aveo5 Owner

Just wanted to say hello. I had a 2000 Mazda 626 that the transmission went out on last week. I was not in a position to buy a new car, but was able to take advantage of the government rebate + a hail damage discount to purchase a 2009 Aveo5 1LT, with the power package upgrade - final sales price $8,400, with 0% for 5 years!

It is the cosmic silver, with slight hail damage to the roof and hood. I have purchased a new, GM stock roof rack on ebay to hide the roof dings, but will probably try to have the hood repaired (how much could that possibly be considering how small the Aveo hood is?!)

I also plan to purchase an aftermarket rear spoiler http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT on ebay to spruce up the car a bit. This seems to be a reputable dealer with really good feedback. Dealer quoted me a price of $450 to add the spoiler vs. $120 from this dealer. I think I'll chance the DIY route.

I pick up the car either this afternoon or in the morning. The Aveo5 isn't the most exciting car in the world, but I feel fortunate to be able to get reliable transportation at such a great price. Look forward to learning more on this board.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: New Aveo5 Owner

How were you able to take advantage of the "cash for clunkers" rebate? I thought the combined fuel economy rating of the trade had to be 18mpg or less. The 2000 626 is between 20-22. Is it less rebate or no rebate? Also, I thought it had to be in "running" condition.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

how much does a new hood cost? like $350?

might be the same to have it straightened. and a better repair.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      How were you able to take advantage of the "cash for clunkers" rebate? I thought the combined fuel economy rating of the trade had to be 18mpg or less. The 2000 626 is between 20-22. Is it less rebate or no rebate? Also, I thought it had to be in "running" condition.
      Good question - we didn't use the Mazda as our trade-in. We had a 1990 Cadillac Deville that gets 17 mpg that is the true embodiment of the term "clunker."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Third
      Good question - we didn't use the Mazda as our trade-in. We had a 1990 Cadillac Deville that gets 17 mpg that is the true embodiment of the term "clunker."
      Good deal. Congratulations on the new whip. Most people I have talked to do not meet the qualifications in one way or another. Did the dealer give you any of the "scrap" value of the car as well?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Third
      Good deal. Congratulations on the new whip. Most people I have talked to do not meet the qualifications in one way or another. Did the dealer give you any of the "scrap" value of the car as well?
      After reading the final rules on the program and realizing that we did not get credit for scrap under the original deal, we brought this up with the dealer this morning. They were surprised we knew the details of the program that well and said they were looking into what they needed to do to determine scrap value. I expect to get a few more hundred dollars off at the time the final papers are signed. I also considered negotiating a rear spoiler in place of the scrap credit.

Thanks

Hmmmm...sounds like a typical dealer response. It pays to be informed! Good luck with the new car.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Welcome to the Forums.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Nice catch guys.

Wish I could use the program. But my next car won't be new and I'm not willing to give up the Jeep, yet.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

My local dealer is making me wait, I went to look at the car
      2 weeks ago and I figured he would have everything ready
      But he said that they need to wait for the goverment to respond
      And tell then that my blazer does qualify, I think they wanna
      Actually get paid first and then sell it, but they haven't said
      Anything about scrap value, if I can get about $200 more that
      Would be nice, they get to keep $50 of that money only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast