I have an 09 Aveo.. And the longer I am the owner of this car I find out how cheap and disappointing it is to drive. Chevy made a terrible move in buying this Korean cheaply made car and just putting their logo on it.. But that's another issue.

Recently I noticed a huge problem is my acceleration. I wasn't getting any power and it felt like it would choke while idling. I decided to take it to a trustworthy garage as I didn't want to go back to the idiot dealership. By this time the check engine light came on while driving it to the garage.

He diagnosed it as the oxygen sensor and said that I needed to replace it. He ordered the Bosch (which he claimed was the best) but I was upset with the final price tag! I feel like I shouldn't have to be replacing an oxygen sensor at roughly 57K. But the next day my check engine light came back on. So I took it back. He said he was getting P0053 code and that I should go ahead and replace the sensor that we just put in with a new one. Thankfully that didn't cost me anything.

SO with the new sensor in.. I thought everything would be fixed however the following day.. My light is back on and same code! The girl at advanced auto said that the code needed to be cleared in two different places and that there is nothing wrong with the car or the sensor. Any ideas how to do that?? Has anyone else had this issue with Aveos? Please help..