•  

Thread: Multiple Codes - New here, looking for some help/guidance

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Multiple Codes - New here, looking for some help/guidance

Hello All;

I have a 2006 Aveo LS with the auto 1.6 engine. Was previously in a front end wreck and a local dealer bought and repaired car. Had it for a year with no problems other than heated rotors and crappy braking performance (makes a shudder or moaning sound when stopping).

Yesterday I notice as I started the car that the rpm's shot up to 3k and sat there for about 4-5 sec before dropping to around 750 rpm. Put the car in R and hesitation in moving. Same with in D4. Shudders and shakes and then evens out. Poor acceleration. Eventually pulled in driveway and couldn't even move forward, so reversed in.

Opened the hood and removed the spark plugs - gapped at about .055 with dry fouling evident. Replaced with gap at about .043. Noticed multiple vacuum leaks and electric taped them together. Cleaned the area around the throttle plate and the rubber tubing going to the air filter box. Went to Advanced Auto Parts and had an OBD ran coming back with multiple codes. I would assume some of those are repeats or no longer relevant in light of some of the repairs I did (I should have erased the codes but forgot before I got to the parts store).

Codes of relevancy would be throttle actuator control module, throttle pedal sensor (I think both), MAP sensor, IA Temp sensor, Baro Press sensor, O2 sensor, and something about no data - ECM/TCM.

So, the question is, has anyone dealt with surging, spuddering, stalling, excessive rpms at start up, lack of power and acceleration? If so, could you give me a couple ideas or pointers as to where to start?

Thank You.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I bet you are still leaking around the throttle body. Make sure the air hose is in good shape.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Thanks. I too believe it's still leaking and my tape job was a temp fix. I'm off to purchase good rubber tubing for the MAP sensor tubing to eliminate leaks. I'll also replace any other vacuum tubing/rubbing boots that even look as if they may be brittle or cracked due to heat/time. I also am erasing the codes and will have it scanned again so I have a more accurate picture of possibilities....