•  

Thread: Interchangeable parts for 2011 Aveo5

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Interchangeable parts for 2011 Aveo5

I'm considering purchasing a 2011 Aveo5 from a friend that purchases and fixes up wrecked cars with minor damage. He already has the body parts but still needing some parts such as A/C condenser, water pump pulley, thermostat housing, passenger window and exterior driver door handle. He's not computer literate so misses out on all the cost savings online in which I'm helping him with.
      I would like to find out which parts from which years will fit. My local pullapart has 2005 and '07 sedans and I'm pretty sure the door handle is interchangeable but not something like the a/c condenser.
      Hitherto I'm having to cross reference and compare part numbers on rockauto by searching different year models. It would be great to know for sure which years are interchangeable with the 2011 for future reference.

BTW this one has "Sport" in front of passenger door. I'm curious why I don't see that on any of the pictures of others I've seen on the web.
      I'm attaching a photo but don't judge. It does run and progress has been made since the photo.

Attached Images Attached Images  

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Interchangeable parts for 2011 Aveo5

Anything from 2009-2011 on the hatchbacks will work on yours, and for some interior trim parts (mainly from the B-pillar forward) you can get parts from the 2007-2011 sedan. That 2005 in the pullapart may be able to donate its door handles because the sedans went to a different style handle in 2007.
      As for the picture, we have seen Aveos in MUCH worse shape than yours; yours looks to be in pretty good shape for its current state. If I remember correctly, you might have to stick with a 2009-2011 condenser because the engine was different in 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 07-30-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I honestly wouldn't waste time with a used condenser, a new aftermarket one is $55 shipped on a few sites.

A fairly easy way to check interchange yourself is using a site like eBay, or rock auto. In the listings, they have "what this part fits" where you can see lists of cars that the part bolts to. The problem is you need to find the part first. One you get an interchange number, you can search that number in google and get the list of parts to double check.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Thanks so far everyone. This helps tremendously. Will definitely be going with rockauto for most things.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      I honestly wouldn't waste time with a used condenser, a new aftermarket one is $55 shipped on a few sites.

A fairly easy way to check interchange yourself is using a site like eBay, or rock auto. In the listings, they have "what this part fits" where you can see lists of cars that the part bolts to. The problem is you need to find the part first. One you get an interchange number, you can search that number in google and get the list of parts to double check.
      I agree; because you never know the health of the A/C system when that Aveo was junked; you may get lucky and the system was healthy when it was junked, or you may find that the compressor went Chernobyl and pumped metallic shrapnel throughout the system contaminating everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk