•  
    Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your USED Aveo?

Thanks
      Picked up this 06 LS 'roadkill' in well used (clapped out!) condition for $500. Have had it on the road about a year now with no problems whatsoever. Had to drag it home on a trailer. It had about 239K on the clock, above 245K today. Had a broken timing belt, 8 bent valves and a pile of problems, but today it is running like new. I plan to have it looking 'good as new' very soon, but so far mostly just drive the wheels off it. I also have an 06 black LT we affectionately call 'junkyard dog' that I paid $800 for. Pics of that car here: http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f103/...ard-dog-19958/

Name:  roadkill-drive.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  197.2 KB

Should I keep it? Merlins_Holden's Avatar
      Thanks
      I bought my 2008 Aveo in 2012 for 6,000 when it had 50,000 miles. Few years later I have 90,000 miles on it. Kinda curious if anyone knows what the current value is for an Aveo?

Name:  IMG_1618.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  289.6 KB

Thanks
      Value? IMO = $2500 is low end for a runner, maybe with some miles on the belt, $4500 for a pristine runner with maintenance all current, and have seen them sell as high as $6K private party. With broken belt/bent valves, anywhere from scrap value to $750... Saw a guy try to sell a smashed 07 for $2700 - he was way off, I tried to offer him a grand, he wound up parting it out. About par with any other import econo rig for their age.

Should I keep it? Merlins_Holden's Avatar
      Thanks
      Makes me sad, but the truth is the Aveo is a cheaply manufactured car and just can't have high resale. I wonder what I am going to to with mine, sell it or keep it until the miles take it away from me?

Thanks
      Merlin, the same can be said of ANY econo box these days. Drive a Honda recently? How bout a Scion? BMW 3 series? or how bout Mercedes? Same story, they bend valves too, and fall apart. Nature of the beast. Ive seen some head jobs three times as spendy as doing my Aveo. No thanks!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Red face 2008 Aveo

I bought Lucy (my yellow 08 Aveo) lt september 4th 2014, right before my 19th birthday. She had 82k for milage. I knew right when i saw the post on craigslist that if there wasnt anything crazy wrong with it that she would be my next car. So i went to a little used car dealership about 30 mins from where i live and went and looked and took her for a spin... right away i was in love with how she road (i was use to a 02 cavalier that i had for 4 years) anyway, my grandma and i talked to the bank and they said it was okay! So i got $700 trade in for the cav, and paid $4900 for Lucy. She was posted at $5600. So here we are little over a year later she now has 97k on her and she looks a bit different too(; so far ive replaced an o2 sensor, both front ball joints, the idle pulley, sway bar endlinks and bushings, strut mounts (should have just replaced the whole thing.. Bc now she needs struts bad, (thinking about lowering her???) front rotors and brakes, all 4 tires.

What's wrong with my car? jamelar's Avatar
      Thanks
      2010 Aveo 5 Hatchback purchased in January 2012, $8500 (plus taxes, etc.) from a Chevy dealer. 14265 miles, Standard transmission, no air. Currently has 55800 miles.

Previous vehicle was a '95 Jeep Wrangler. Years ago I had a Plymouth Horizon Hatchback. I decided I wanted a compact hatchback again which led me to the Aveo. I found the 2010 Aveo on Autotrader.com at a dealer near Flint, Michigan, about 90 miles from me.
      The Aveo has been a great car, no regrets. Added a trailer hitch to pull a small clam shell type trailer when traveling or need extra space. I've pulled the trailer to Florida and back 3 times so far, never a problem. MPG 42 highway, 32 with the trailer.

As far as trade-in value, I'm the type that tends to drive a vehicle until it's end of life.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi all Aveo lovers! I live in Croatia and have bought my 2007. Aveo in 2010. It had around 32.000 km (20.000 miles). I paid it cca 9000 $. It had a lot of equipment, which I don't think was standard (power steering, AC, power windows, cd player, power locks, 2 air bags, heated mirrors, grey metallic paint). Important thing it had was built LPG system. LPG installation would cost over 2000$. I love it. Today it has cca 90.000 km. I only changed regular things, oil, filters, brakes, belts. I change myself most of that, this year for example some hoses and engine cover seal. My dream is electric conversion of something.

Thanks
      Hi amoretto. LPG is much more popular in Europe than North America. Is it mainly because of cost of the fuel?

I did an electric conversion: extremely basic, 48 volts, very slow, very cheap (~$1000), only about 25-35 km range (in warm weather). It was a fun project and I used the car for ~6 years, only about 1000 km / year.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Recently acquired an 06 chevy aveo 1.6l auto 191k miles for $200 USD did some minor repairs, runs like new.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast