•  

Thread: How many in your neighborhood

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

How many in your neighborhood

Driving around my new car for a couple of weeks now, and very happy. And given how cheap the Aveo is I expect to stay happy after the first payment

What I always notice when you buy another model is how many of those things are actually on the road. And this is where the Aveo is a bit of a letdown. Or positive experience - I'm unique! -

So far I've seen one yellow Aveo 5 (I think a 2009 model), one red Pontiac Wave (that's how it calls), one Suzuki Swift on the parking lot at the office, and today one red Aveo LS (2010). If I don't count the Suzuki for every day I see it (which would be unfair), that's 4 that I've seen in almost a month. Not a lot

Is that just the NJ tristate area? How many Aveo's are in your nick of the woods?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: How many in your neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlbiker
      Driving around my new car for a couple of weeks now, and very happy. And given how cheap the Aveo is I expect to stay happy after the first payment

What I always notice when you buy another model is how many of those things are actually on the road. And this is where the Aveo is a bit of a letdown. Or positive experience - I'm unique! -

So far I've seen one yellow Aveo 5 (I think a 2009 model), one red Pontiac Wave (that's how it calls), one Suzuki Swift on the parking lot at the office, and today one red Aveo LS (2010). If I don't count the Suzuki for every day I see it (which would be unfair), that's 4 that I've seen in almost a month. Not a lot

Is that just the NJ tristate area? How many Aveo's are in your nick of the woods?
      Actually...too many to count. They are very popular here in NB.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

there are at least 10 in a 200yd radius of my house. all first gen.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlbiker

Welcome Metro Tri-Stater!

I've mentioned this a bit, and now that it's an official topic, I'll say a bit more.

Mine is an '09 hatchback that I bought in November. I'm on Long Island, and I couldn't find what I wanted here locally so late in the model year, so I bought mine by internet from a dealer in NJ.

There are virtually NO Aveos in my area. Even Chevy dealers are scarce here, in that we have maybe three in a 20 mile radius. I see maybe one Aveo a week, at most (which is really sparse considering the amount of traffic in this area). People in the Metro NY area tend to buy Japanese cars (two others of mine are, a Toyota and a Mitsubishi), so I see more Honda Fits and Toyota Yarises than Aveos. The Aveo also suffered from many professional car reviews that praised the others and diminished the Aveo comparatively.

Is yours an automatic? These cars get great highway mileage but deliver very disappointing city mileage due to the way the A/T is programmed. Maybe that's why they are more popular in rural America, but apparently not in city areas.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I am a navy guy so I live in a navy community as well and I can only guess that there must be at least 30 sedans and hatchbacks around my neighborhood of varying years but I am unique and still have the only silver 09 aveo5
      2009 Chevy Aveo LT1 Silver
      2008 Saturn Outlook XE Silver W/Preferred & tow package

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

way too many to count... Probably run into anywhere between 3 and 10 a day (and that's just running around neighborhood). Most are 1st gen, few are 2nd gen... But the disappointing thing for me is that most of them are stock... no tint, no rims.... not even aftermarket hub caps... just plain stock. And most of the drivers don't look like they would even know what a forum is, much less be on here...

There are a few though that have tinted front turn signals, some with rims, some fully tinted... But that seems to be the extent of it. And they don't even look at mine as an aveo anymore... no more of the "oh, hey, we have the same car" looks.. I'm not too sad about it, means I've done my job at making it unique. I still have a few things coming in the mail (and few already here just waiting to get installed) that will definitely make it handle/look better. The looks might be changed enough to where I'll be asking for a different picture up in the header.. But I'll keep the details to myself for now until it's all done.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

not sure on exact number but I live in a town of 4000 and there are a ton of aveos.... about 50/50 hatch sedan. We aveo drivers seem to have a strange but understanding wave as we pass each other in town.kinda funny. always someone at a fast food place to talk aveos with or at the local grocery store. Even people that drive big suv's ask about the spicy orange aveo that pulls up coasting (with the engine off) to a stop in the parking lot and ask "if it's one of those hybrids" I just say not exactly.....its an AVEO
      '06 Aveo man trans sedan
      Keep a light foot.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Even people that drive big suv's ask about the spicy orange aveo that pulls up coasting (with the engine off) to a stop in the parking lot and ask "if it's one of those hybrids" I just say not exactly.....its an AVEO
      Can a re-badged car be called a hybrid? Maybe calling it a mongrel would be more accurate?

Hey, I just noticed somebody else in my neighborhood got an Aveo. They must have bought it used, as I think it's a red '08 hatchback. I'd like to think they saw mine and maybe decided to get one based on that.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

there arent any where i live, but i seen them all the time where i work, 3 other people who work there also have aveos, and there are 2 i see at usf on a daily basis

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Just spotted a blue Aveo 5 in my street. Not sure what year, will check out later