•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with deciding which tires to get

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Help with deciding which tires to get

for that tire and shipping to canada thats a decent deal comparably..

in the US there is currently a $75 mail in gift card with purchase of four, not sure about canada,

i was talking about disciunttiredirect.com

those particular nexens are crappy looking, and the other tires arent too great either. I would probably go with the potenzas, i can seem to find the same cheap but good tires available down in the 48 as in canada..?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

The main problem with ordering my tires from the US is there's always this $160 added on.

For some of my previous vehicles I have checked out some actual tire shops, but found that it was going to cost $600-700 to get a set of tires from them.

I'm debating whether to wait just a little longer, and get a set of light weight 15" rims and appropriate Potenzas. It's already kinda late to be driving on my winters still, but I don't do much driving lately so it's not that big of a deal, right?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Yeah if you could tell me the site that would be awesome.
      The site that I found my quote at came from onlinetires.com There prices have gone up a bit but they still have a great price on there tires. $550 for tires sounds a bit steep to me but you really can't go wrong with costco. They really know how to take care of the customer so if they have a great deal then I would go with them because of the lifetime items including free nitrogen which I am sure would help in the cold air up there.
      2009 Chevy Aveo LT1 Silver
      2008 Saturn Outlook XE Silver W/Preferred & tow package

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theclarkfam
      including free nitrogen which I am sure would help in the cold air up there.
      plus all the dave mathews band fans would appreciate that..

you choice is going to be based on what you can find in you area, i have a local shop that mounts and balances my wheels for $50.. i can typically fine the tires in the size and performance i need in the $50-65 shipped range each..

so its like $250-300 for 4 new tires in most sizes i look for.. i think i hit $400 getting 255/45r18s which is the installed price..

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

I'd go with some decent hankooks. Not like the ones that came on the car,. They are usuall a fair price and I have never heard any bad bout them.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Espresso...
      Thanks

i got some uniroyal tigerpaw tourings from canadian tire. they work quite well. i wouldn't recommend the tigerpaw freedoms, though. they puncture too easily.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byron84
      Just my 0.02$, discount tire has matched (and beat) my price quote from tire rack before... saved me around $200 on a set of four michelin's for my cx-7 last year .
      I concur with Serega, discount will match anyone's price as long as it's on paper and it is a valid website. I got a set of cooper CS4's same size and out the door for $230 including the TPMS. For the price these are outstanding tires. let me know if you need to know the website that i got my quote from.

Well, finally Costco can install the 185/60/14 Potenza RE960AS for $455 everything included. I think that's a pretty good deal, it's only slightly more than what Walmart wants for the Nexen N5000 and Canadian Tire for their Uniroyal.

Do you think I could still do better by ordering online, paying shipping etc? Or should I just go for these Potenzas? I have only read good things about this tire.

Did a price real quick on discounttiredirect and it will cost $550 to have the same Potenza shipped to me , because of prepaid canadian tariff fees...
      Oh, sorry for not answering this for so long. The website for discount tires is http://www.tires.com - they're totally different from discount tires direct. And I don't know how they're around where you're at, but here they actually advertise it in large letters: "WE BEAT COSTCO PRICES". They have a link "Found it lower? Let us know!" next to the tires when you price them up on the website. I stand by their service. Both times I got tires from them in the last year or two I was very satisfied. And both times they've saved me $50-$200 on the total price! And as I said earlier, they're NOT the same people as discounttiredirect. These guys actually have stores around the US (they're also called American Tire down south)
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

The site that I found my quote at came from onlinetires.com There prices have gone up a bit but they still have a great price on there tires. $550 for tires sounds a bit steep to me but you really can't go wrong with costco. They really know how to take care of the customer so if they have a great deal then I would go with them because of the lifetime items including free nitrogen which I am sure would help in the cold air up there.
      Costco customer service is great, but they do have a limited selection on their website to choose from (at least they did for my cars at the time). And if you do have Discount Tire Co store around where you're at - they'll beat costco price on everything... They state that "They will not be undersold"... So far they haven't with me. I would find the lowest price possible out there (as long as you have a written quote or a link) and they would match it for me or beat it. Definitely recommend. Check them out at http://www.tires.com
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Thanks for the link. The prices seem good, the only problem is that the shipping comes from the US so there's $160 prepaid Canadian Tarriff fees which make it end up being more expensive for me.

I ended up ordering mine from Costco, and it's $455 tax in, shipped and installed with lifetime balancing/rotations.

They're being shipped now, can't wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12