•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting smooshed

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy Getting smooshed

To preface this discussion, I will first say that my mom's boyfriend is a jerk and a know it all. I am merely asking this to aleviate my mother's worries.
      So, as most of you know, I have an '06 Aveo hatchback. I like it, my mom likes it, but her boyfriend is planting the seeds of doubt in her brain.
      He swears that I should have bought his friend's Subaru Forester, because it's "safer" and that if I got rear-ended "that would be the end". I tried to tell my mom that the Aveo has a 5 star crash test rating and a 4 star side impact rating, and I showed her a couple of crash test videos, but she still isn't convinced.
      Do any of you feel like you're taking your life in your hands whenever you get into your car, or do you have complete confidence in your Aveo/Kalos/Barina/whatever?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Getting smooshed

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyteehee646
      To preface this discussion, I will first say that my mom's boyfriend is a jerk and a know it all. I am merely asking this to aleviate my mother's worries.
      So, as most of you know, I have an '06 Aveo hatchback. I like it, my mom likes it, but her boyfriend is planting the seeds of doubt in her brain.
      He swears that I should have bought his friend's Subaru Forester, because it's "safer" and that if I got rear-ended "that would be the end". I tried to tell my mom that the Aveo has a 5 star crash test rating and a 4 star side impact rating, and I showed her a couple of crash test videos, but she still isn't convinced.
      Do any of you feel like you're taking your life in your hands whenever you get into your car, or do you have complete confidence in your Aveo/Kalos/Barina/whatever?
      You could drive a tank and still get killed in a crash... I think when it's your time - it's your time. Drive carefully and you should be good. If you get ran over by a semi-truck - it doesn't matter whether you're driving an Aveo, a Forester, a Volvo, or an Expedition... Chances are, you're not walking away from it...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      You could drive a tank and still get killed in a crash... I think when it's your time - it's your time. Drive carefully and you should be good. If you get ran over by a semi-truck - it doesn't matter whether you're driving an Aveo, a Forester, a Volvo, or an Expedition... Chances are, you're not walking away from it...
      I agree. No car is invinceable, not even in Intrigue, although that qualifies as a tank in some ways. If I wanted something that is safe in spite of everything else, I'd save up a million or so and buy Obama's armored limosine.

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyteehee646
      Ugh. Jim doesn't deserve the air he breathes. Tell him I said to *(^&^^^%*&^%&%^$^%$&$%$&^)(&%#&^(^& and &%^$^(*%^&^$%^#%(*&% up his &^^&%%$^*^%#%&* And enjoy it.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Getting smooshed

Quote Originally Posted by "Z34guy
      Ugh. Jim doesn't deserve the air he breathes. Tell him I said to *(^&^^^%*&^%&%^$^%$&$%$&^)(&%#&^(^& and &%^$^(*%^&^$%^#%(*&% up his &^^&%%$^*^%#%&* And enjoy it.
      You're telling me...and that's a LOT of funny little characters right there. @____@

Banned
      Thanks

I think people get the point that your mom's boyfriend is my least favorite person ever. Jim has crashed more cars than he can count so his opinion doesn't matter.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy
      I think people get the point that your mom's boyfriend is my least favorite person ever. Jim has crashed more cars than he can count so his opinion doesn't matter.
      That's probably why he's making a big deal out of "crash rating". It's a big deal in his case.

Banned
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Z34guy
      That's probably why he's making a big deal out of "crash rating". It's a big deal in his case.
      no. Jim's just an import humper. This is the same import humper who tried telling me a Toyota Tercel was safer than my Monte Carlo.... which has a 5 star crash test rating all around. in 1995! The Monte even 5 stared in rollover crashes. NO OTHER CAR DID THAT BACK THEN!. Jim's just a moron who needs to be put out of our misery.

Thanks

.... you must really not like that guy...

Banned
      Thanks

.... you must really not like that guy...
      that doesn't even BEGIN to touch it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast