•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a second aveo!

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Getting a second aveo!

Burnt the **** out of 5th gear on my Jetta so we decided to pickup another car... Toyota wanted $13,029 for a base 5spd Yaris... with a $130 armrest... and a huge amount that stupid "weather package"

Thankfully we found a GM dealer here actually willing to search for cars outside the area.

We should be taking delivery next week. 2007 spicy orange SVM. Price should come to around $8,100 before tags and title.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      sweet- congrats!
      Low n Slow

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      great price!

Thanks
      Dude i got a Pic of you and the Salesman

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
      Surprisingly the process looked nothing like this... that was more like the Toyota dealership. MSRP on a base liftback is $11,050... ****ers wouldn't budge from the sticker price of $13,029... I've never been able to walk out of a dealership before in my life without a second offer... until now... Seems like Toyota has gotten to the point of "We're ****ing toyota... do you want it or not?"

With the GM dealer we just emailed them, they got back to us with what was available... an hour later we walked in, got preapproved @ about 6-7% APR 20 minutes later, and walked out without so much as having to put down a deposit. So much easier dealing with a GM dealership.

In all honesty, the Yaris we drove was a fantastic car. Transmission was firm and felt very positive. Much better suspension and the brakes felt much better. Downside was it felt like there was much less power in 4th and 5th gear. Though 1st through 3rd felt on par with the aveo (though it might have just been the difference in the transmission).

Overall, though... for $13,000... you're better off spending the extra $3-4k on a rabbit. VW dealers are much more willing to deal, and you'll get a hell of a lot more car for the money.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      So this was Toyota!

And this was GM?
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Surprisingly the process looked nothing like this... that was more like the Toyota dealership. MSRP on a base liftback is $11,050... ****ers wouldn't budge from the sticker price of $13,029... I've never been able to walk out of a dealership before in my life without a second offer... until now... Seems like Toyota has gotten to the point of "We're ****ing toyota... do you want it or not?"

With the GM dealer we just emailed them, they got back to us with what was available... an hour later we walked in, got preapproved @ about 6-7% APR 20 minutes later, and walked out without so much as having to put down a deposit. So much easier dealing with a GM dealership.

In all honesty, the Yaris we drove was a fantastic car. Transmission was firm and felt very positive. Much better suspension and the brakes felt much better. Downside was it felt like there was much less power in 4th and 5th gear. Though 1st through 3rd felt on par with the aveo (though it might have just been the difference in the transmission).

Overall, though... for $13,000... you're better off spending the extra $3-4k on a rabbit. VW dealers are much more willing to deal, and you'll get a hell of a lot more car for the money.
      Not to mention all the electrical problems that come with a VW.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      now every mornin when u wake up u gotta decide, cereal or eggs, newspaper or turn on the tv for mornin news, and which aveo do i want???
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      They're a labor of love... I'll probably be keeping my Jetta and building it into a production class rally car.

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus

Not to mention all the electrical problems that come with a VW.

Thanks
      cool cool... time to donate an Aveo for some mods... heh

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast