•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do people make fun of you for driving an aveo?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I'm 6'2, 200lbs and box for a hobby. No one makes fun of me. Besides, its paid for, great on fuel, and I'll never get a ticket for racing....they can laugh behind my back all they want.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      For the speed you drive that depends on person, but for the movement like turn left and right that is mostly depends on the car, small car is much easy to turn. If you drive a bigger and longer car, you must move to the front more then you can turn.

This is what I have an experience on driving a "D" class car, for Aveo to turn left that is more easy, but last time I drive a biggest car, I turn left and drive to the bollard

Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      That is what she said! I will say it's easier in the small car than my small truck depending how close you want to squeeze things. NC, SC, and GA are awful for drivers to sit in the left lane and there are moments when my patience gets the best of me. sigh The universe keeps giving me opportunities to learn patience and I continue to ignore them. Double sigh

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      You Bet I hear it all from my co-workers, clown car, tin can, etc....
      But, it gets better economy than my Goldwing!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I got "nice clown car!" I would buy one again if I found a 5 speed in good condition for cheap... maybe with a blown timing belt.

Thanks

Not so much here

Looking at all your locations, I'd say this is mostly a US thing, and apparently also China? The latter I would not have thought. As a European, we get the sense from media most Americans drive big cars, pickups and SUVs, but here smaller cars are hugely popular. In fact Volkswagen Golf-sized cars and Polo-sized cars like Aveo are so in demand, for fuel-economy (petrol is super expensive here @ ~ € 1.50 / liter which comes to about $ 6.80 / gallon), ease of parking (especially in cities with a lot of streetside parking), low road taxes, etc., more and more people turn to importing cars because of scarcity in the market.

So, there's a lot less making fun of small cars here. I've had my Aveo for less than 6 months now, but only heard compliments so far.

What do you mean there's no turbo? northguest47's Avatar
      Thanks
      Aaahh what a great read .. you know where I live now one can barely drive the speed limit let alone get into some spirited driving! Seriously, suburbs, to main arteries to the freeways, you can't even speed if you wanted to, traffic is nuts here! I'm tellin' ya when you can't speed because theres car density everywhere, I look at all the amazing (aka read really expensive) cars around me, and I just don't mind being in this cheapo Aveo. Its everything you need in a car, and thats about it hehe. And ya my friends rib me all the time, and every time I roll up behind one it is hilarious how small it is in the lane. Thats the staying power, its made fun of and still it just won't go away, at least from the scrap yards

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      That is what she said! I will say it's easier in the small car than my small truck depending how close you want to squeeze things. NC, SC, and GA are awful for drivers to sit in the left lane and there are moments when my patience gets the best of me. sigh The universe keeps giving me opportunities to learn patience and I continue to ignore them. Double sigh
      I'm wondering who the "she" is in your life who said that.

I'm in NY. I've driven all over the USA and Canada. If you can drive on NYC highways you can drive anywhere on earth. Driving skills are not about the car. It's all about the driver.

Let 'em laugh. Maybe you have outgrown those types of "friends". Then you will smile and ignore them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Thymeclock For This Useful Post:

xintersecty (01-02-2018)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      How many times have I heard...".you drive an aveeno."... isn't that body lotion?
      Last edited by kcROB; 01-25-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kcROB View Post
      How many times have I heard...".you drive an aveno."... isn't that body lotion?
      You might think to yourself "you sound like an a-hole". Of course you won't actually say that, but they might forever BE it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      You might think to yourself "you sound like an a-hole". Of course you won't actually say that, but they might forever BE it.
      I guess, in a passive-aggressive way, I could have some fun with the person and say; "Yes, Aveo n Aveeno are made by the same company. They both have olive oil and vitamin E in the formula, hence the "o", but Aveeno, with the "n", has 2x vitamin E and coconut oil for really dry skin....but I won't!

Last edited by kcROB; 01-25-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast