•  

Thread: Debating whether to keep my aveo

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Debating whether to keep my aveo

I have had a love/hate relationship with my 2010 Aveo LT. I bough my Aveo in 2010 it was brand new and I was able to get a huge discount on it, because it was the last 2010 Aveo they had in stock. This was my first car and I loved its fuel efficiency; however, it fells like I had too many issues with the car (at least for a new car).

Since then I have put 99k miles on it and had the following issues:

• I had to replace my radiator due to a cracked tranny can, which unfortunately for me was pretty much the only thing that was not covered under warranty.
      • I am on my third set of wheels. The original wheels on the car were garbage and had to be replaced very early on due to thread wear.
      • I have had to replace a few gaskets and hoses that corroded more quickly due to the radiator issue.
      • Last summer my AC stopped working, I recharged it myself only to have it quit working again 24 hours later. Took it to the dealership and they found that the high-pressure compressor outlet had a leak on it. They fixed the problem and it costed about $420 total.
      • Now my car is on shop because this past weekend the rear break on the driver's side decided to lock on me. Tow truck and I got the break unlocked, but it was still catching. Took it to the dealership and it will cost me $250 to get it fixed.

Now I am debating whether to keep my aveo or sell it. At 99K miles it is also time to replace the timing belt, which will run close $400 at the dealership. Have I had more issued than most people or am I just overreacting?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi,
      The difference in mine and your case is that I bought it used. The car had already covered 1,40000 Kms when we bought it. Luckily for me the previous owner did the timing belt and related replacements a month before he sold it. But since I got it I had to replace both the front disc brake's and both rear brake shoes. I also had to buy new summer tyres as the one's which car was wearing was in desperate contition. Last week, I refilled my AC as it was empty. It was working fine for few days. But few days after refilling the AC simply wouldn't blow cold air. I took it to the service center and they told that I have a leaky condenser and that the whole process would cost me €420.
      But I won't sell it. The reason though the summer is in, I could do without AC as it is just for 2months. I live in Finland and by the end of August, the climate would turn to cold and won't be needing AC for almost 6 months.

Good luck mate.