•  

Thread: Car and Driver Review

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Car and Driver Review

So just read the Car and Driver review of the 2011 Aveo5. One star review. Major complaints...no side curtain airbags. Other than that, they said the ride quality was "eh", but it was styled well and has four wheels. In relation, the Honda Fit and Mazda 2 (both 4 cylinder DOHC 1.5l engines) received 4 and 5 star reviews. I don't understand how almost the same damn car can receive such wildly differing reviews. Personally I think Car and Driver is full of ****.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      they probably sent the honda fan boy out to review the aveo right after he got to ride in a corvette for the first time in his life.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Personally, I don't let someone else's opinions go against what I experience. I remember reading a review for my year, the 2009, and the guy doing the review complained about something being too loud. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was the engine or something close to it. Honestly, I never thought that the Aveo was as loud as they were claiming it to be.

Thanks
      Yeah, thats kind of the problem with most reviewers. They're used to driving everything from BMW/Lexus to the Aveo. Compared to them I'm sure the Aveo is noisy. Does that mean its unbearable and annoying? Not at all. But, its something the Aveo does worse than a car that costs 5X as much so it goes on the list. Most reviewers IMO aren't very objective in comparing cars to other similar cars.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      They go by who the largest advertiser is and it goes downhill from there. Also, their expectations along with many examples you'll find in the populace as well, are unrealistic and do not coincide with what people may need – vs.– what they think they want. Or it's pure opinion dressed in a salad of metaphors and attitude so as to make it seem you are an idiot for viewing things any other way. Go by your own experience, need, and view and compare with others that have direct, real world history with the car at hand.
      Hah- this is my personal view- yours may differ – lol

Steve

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      in my opinion, their are 3 types of car buyers. people who can afford whatever they want to drive, people who drive what they can afford, and people who buy something just to see how they can customize it LOL. I myself drive an aveo because it was in our budget. Feature and comfortwise it has everything I needed. as extra money came up here and their I added things to make my aveo more enjoyable to myself. even though my aveo is nickel and diming me, it has never let me down. its an 04 with 140,000 miles, a/c still works, overall fit and finish, some things could have been better quality, but for a low cost car, I know it is not a lexus