•  

Thread: BA Trucks vs Aveos

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks

Angry BA Trucks vs Aveos

BA <- Big A$$

So I was going home Sunday from a party in the rain cruising about 55 to 60. So there was a big Dodge Ram behind me. I had to slow down to allow a ambulance onto the road. The damn truck almost hit me. He came about two feet from the back glass. I pulled over to let him pass and this why I don't carry.

I think I am going to put a dash camera in the back window!

So do any of you owners have trouble with trucks trying to intimidate you by way too close on your butt?

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I notice what you described quite a bit on I 70, I 49, n I 435 in K.C. area because I own a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab 6spd m.t. and Don't drive like that and DON'T want to be associated with that type of discourteous driving. It reflects poorly on the "regular" truck guy with no "bat outa hell, bug up his a**" attitude. Esp. bad are the tow truck drivers who seemingly are immune from the speed limit and devoid of courteous driving .Overly aggressive driving can get one a well-deserved ticket in KC. When I drive the Greyman, I stay in the far right lane and let'm "get it on" down the road because in my Greyman, I'm j.a.f.o. For me, driving an Aveo is better than taking a Zanax.
      Last edited by kcROB; 01-30-2018 at 08:51 PM.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      BA <- Big A$$

So I was going home Sunday from a party in the rain cruising about 55 to 60. So there was a big Dodge Ram behind me. I had to slow down to allow a ambulance onto the road. The damn truck almost hit me. He came about two feet from the back glass. I pulled over to let him pass and this why I don't carry.

I think I am going to put a dash camera in the back window!

So do any of you owners have trouble with trucks trying to intimidate you by way too close on your butt?
      if you think Pickup trucks are bad, try being on the interstate sometimes with a tractor trailer suddenly moving in behind you to pass the same tractor trailer YOU are passing. having your rear view mirror being filled with nothing but Peterbilt/Volvo/Freightliner/Kenworth/Mack/International grille is VERY pucker inducing in an aveo, and your right foot IMMEDIATELY turns into a a 5 lb block of lead to put some distance between you and them; but EVEN WORSE is being pretty much surrounded on all sides by tractor trailers, because your thoughts turn into "if that Tractor Trailer in front of me has to panic stop, and the one behind me doesn't stop in time, I'm off to the Pearly Gates to see St. Peter!"

Thanks
      Holy S**t! I believe you were in a "hard" place on the interstate....I believe I'll have a drink, of course when I get home, n take the back roads. What's a little Missouri dust on my back bumper?
      Last edited by kcROB; 02-02-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kcROB View Post
      Holy S**t! I believe were in a "hard" place on the interstate....I believe I'll have a drink, of course when I get home, n take the back roads. What's a little Missouri dust on my back bumper?
      I live in the country for this very reason. I grew up in Raleigh and had enough of that traffic. Now the problem with living in the country is the rednecks with way too much pride in their trucks.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      I live in the country for this very reason. I grew up in Raleigh and had enough of that traffic. Now the problem with living in the country is the rednecks with way too much pride in their trucks.
      As a wise person once said: they are compensating for something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      As a wise person once said: they are compensating for something!
      LOL
      Glad you said it. We in our Aveos are not compensating unless it's frustrated race car drivers

Thanks
      Do high "T" levels, in part, cause one to own n drive a lifted RAM (for example) aggressively, or does owning n driving a macho truck in an aggressive manner cause blood circulating "T" levels to rise; fight or flight syndrome? Or, as suggested, does the reverse have some element of truth....over compensating....who knows! I'm also an atypical member of the Dodge Ram Forum, 3rd generation; 2002 to 2008 along with a lot of younger guys who are super proud of their modified Rams. I'm 73, bought my Ram in 2008 and have 17+K miles on it, mainly from hauling firewood and workout equipment for my home gym...go figure! I do know I'll have my Aveo n Sonic long after the Dodge is gone 'cause who needs 17.1 mpg (city).

Last edited by kcROB; 02-02-2018 at 04:48 PM.