•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aveo vs. Fit

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Aveo vs. Fit

How can the GM claim be 103 hp on a stock 2008 1.6L, when you guys are doing mods and only pulling 92hp? Mileage on car dyno'd high? Plugs old? Dirty air and fuel filter? This is based on how many dyno pulls? You guys are scaring me. No offense, but that's weak. I'm gonna run down to my local dyno shop, and give it a shot. For 100 bucks, I can get 3 pulls, and some tweaking. Good lord, that's upsetting... And I Think I saw the 09's producing 125hp, with a new formatted motor. Now I gotta go to bed with all that on my mind, gahdamnit. Those Pulstar plugs are starting to sound good right now.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGAveoGuy
      How can the GM claim be 103 hp on a stock 2008 1.6L, when you guys are doing mods and only pulling 92hp? Mileage on car dyno'd high? Plugs old? Dirty air and fuel filter? This is based on how many dyno pulls? You guys are scaring me. No offense, but that's weak. I'm gonna run down to my local dyno shop, and give it a shot. For 100 bucks, I can get 3 pulls, and some tweaking. Good lord, that's upsetting... And I Think I saw the 09's producing 125hp, with a new formatted motor. Now I gotta go to bed with all that on my mind, gahdamnit. Those Pulstar plugs are starting to sound good right now.
      wow you do realize that GM's claim is the hp at the crank and dynos usually read hub hp or whp, which reads lower because of various parasitic losses from the transmission

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

How can the GM claim be 103 hp on a stock 2008 1.6L, when you guys are doing mods and only pulling 92hp?
      For 100 bucks, I can get 3 pulls, and some tweaking.
      Uh, yeah, 103 is hp at the crank, 80-90 is whp, which has gone through transmission, axles, wheels, tires.

What are you hoping to tweak?? Honestly... unless you've installed a SAFC or adjustable cam gear or whatever, there's not much that can be done except for comparing mods, say, stock intake vs CAI/SRI.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift
      Uh, yeah, 103 is hp at the crank, 80-90 is whp, which has gone through transmission, axles, wheels, tires.
      +1

you lose up to 20% power at the wheels with an automatic and up to 15% on a manual...
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift
      +1

you lose up to 20% power at the wheels with an automatic and up to 15% on a manual...
      ive heard of autos losing up to 35% at the wheel thru the trans. thats y i dont drive auto.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Although the Aisin auto tranny on the Aveo is supposed to be one of the best on the market...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      wow you do realize that GM's claim is the hp at the crank and dynos usually read hub hp or whp, which reads lower because of various parasitic losses from the transmission
      old topic but, I didn't take that into account when I read the post. I was p.o.'d. If calculations are right, there's only avg. 10% loss in the dyno readings, which is good, considering a possible 35% that 'could be' lost. Thanks for clearing that up.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

im going to bring this back to life, the dyno numbers are interesting, has anyone else put their aveo on the dyno?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123