•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aveo clock and aux

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Nice work Tabitha! You must have the wrong Scosche kit though. That may be for the 2004 to 2008s. It should fill the entire opening.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yeah, there should have been a bezel to cover that opening. I nice wood would look good. Maybe some carbon fiber wrap as a possibility too.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      The kit I bought said it would work with a 2009 aveo. The problem is the the radio is too wide so I need to find a wider kit. Right now I'm only using the "cubby" to prop the radio up and I also used the foam that encased the radio for support. Haha. Any ideas on what kit would be a good fit?

Thanks
      This is mine below. We have the same style interior.
      Name:  radio.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  10.9 KB
      You should have a similar bezel immediately around the radio. Of course mine is double DIN, and yours is single DIN, but it should be the same, just the 'pocket' with a radio that's half the size of mine. You must be either missing that trim, or you've got something wrong there.

You should have the Scosche GM2500B kit from the looks of it.
      Scosche GM2500B Select GM Single/Double DIN Installation Dash Kit

And by 'prop up', do you mean that it's sitting loose in there? The kit should actually screw back in with the same 4 screws that held the factory radio in there. Maybe there's still parts in your bag that you still need to use? Take a look at the walmart picture of the same GM2500B kit you should be using. Notice the brackets on the sides, they have the same shape as your factory radio, so it should sit nice and in the middle of the opening, and then you have the additional trim/bezel that would go around the radio to fill in the rest of the opening.
      http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-GM...OCKET/23841976

EDIT - Here's an awesome write up. I knew this existed, but I couldn't find it, until I was trying to figure out how I'd run my wiring for the satellite radio unit I just ordered.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/s...l-guide-13358/
      Last edited by PoisonIvy; 08-15-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks
      The Scosche kit I have is a GM2600 in-dash installation kit for 2004-13 gm vehicles. The radio is too big for it. It fit's fine in the car, but the radio won't fit into it. Thank you for the links. It's a little loose, but I finagled it in such a way that it doesn't knock around. I'll post pictures of the kit, and I'll take a look around Walmart for a double din.

Thanks
      You shouldn't have to buy a new radio. And the GM2600 SHOULD work as well. Single DIN plus the little pocket = the same size as a double DIN. They're all standard sizes, so you haven't done anything wrong by buying that radio. Any single DIN is designed to fit in these kits, so you've missed a step somewhere.

Now what I'm thinking is, maaaybe you still have what's called a 'sleeve' that goes around the radio. Google "radio sleeve" so you have a picture of what I mean. There should be a little tab on each slide of the radio that you'll need to flip up so you can slide it off the radio. You don't need this sleeve.

Actually, here's a pretty good video... Not your exact kit, but it should be a similar setup.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHaqTJJH2PA

Edit - also watch where he pops off that little trim piece from around his radio. That could also be what's making your radio "too wide". Trust me, your radio will fit.
      Last edited by PoisonIvy; 08-15-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
      Yup, I took the sleeve off. The black piece in the front of the radio doesn't come off like some do, and the rest of the metal part of the radio is too big as well. This is the radio I bought. I typed in the make and model of my car. I'll try again to fit it in, but I need a bigger kit. I may need to get another radio

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

Thanks
      It's probably the black trim piece in front of the stereo that's going to hold you back. There won't be any bigger kits. The manufacturers make these radios standard sizes. Because the radio is supposed to slide in from the back, you need a radio where you can take that trim piece off it looks like. And for this application you wouldn't use the trim piece. The kit would then hide the exposed metal around the radio.

So it looks like a different radio would be needed. Of course that means more money (hopefully Amazon takes your original back), but I'd really recommend going with at least a name brand like Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony, etc. They're more money then your original, but will probably last longer and you'll get more enjoyment out of them.

Thanks
      Yup, I took the radio back, got another one and it fits really well. The only problem is is that the part of the dash that snaps back on after all this is installed is not snapping back on at the top. Can you see it in the picture? It snapped in fine on the bottom but the top won't snap in. Thank you for you help! I appreciate it.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  285.0 KB

Thanks
      That's great! Is it fitting in the slot where it should clip, but it won't stay plugged in (and just pops out)? Like it's just loose, and won't stay in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast