•  

Thread: AC clutch clicks when battery reconnected.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

AC clutch clicks when battery reconnected.

I removed and reinstalled my engine on my 2005 Aveo. Just about at the finish line connecting the battery when I noticed putting the negative cable on the battery the AC clutch clicks and the radiator fan comes on (key off) I know that this is not right and the only hesitation I had during reassembly was the starter connections. The two large copper post each take a a similar large black wire and by the shape of the fish eye connections I installed them. One had a curve ending so that went in the curved top and the other was square shaped so that went in the bottom square part of the starter. There was also a bare ground wire that mounted on the starter mounting bolt. And I did not forget the small wire on the backside. I have not started the car because if my connections are not right I could do some serious damage. Any thoughts or experience on this?

Last edited by tnt4him; 05-14-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks
      I'd double check your wiring. Something just isn't right. If you need clarification or pics, ask for them and someone can probably help you out.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Double checked and found that I have a bad memory of how I took these wires off in the first place. Must be old age. Anyhow, I found that one of the cables was a negative (by ohming it out) and it bolted to the block with the other negative wires that are bare. Of the two post on the solenoid only one cable goes on the top post,nothing on the lower post but the nut that secures a grounding cable from starter to solenoid. That's it. Started right up and no damage done. Hope this info helps the next knucklehead that forgets how to do this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tnt4him For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (05-16-2015)