•  

Thread: 2013 Aveo wheel bearing issues and other issues (long read)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2013 Aveo wheel bearing issues and other issues (long read)

I just joined this forum just to ask this question. , a bit of history, the car was bought as new 0km on october 2013. Brand new. After 10000km (6 months) i had to replace a part of the front left wheel suspension called in spanish by the mechanics Meseta which according to them was broken. i understood that the Meseta is The part that supports the wheel and the suspension basically. after that change, i noticed that when driving straight i had to have the steering wheel facing a bit to the left, but if i started to brake i had to correct and put the steering wheel straight to keep straight. I promptly went to the dealership where i bought my car and changed the parts to complain about it, after many times and tests with me and their mechanics they thought that the issue was the Compacto (again spanish word with no engineering translation but it was basiclly the chassis or whell the frame of the car ) that was deviated a bit by the damage that broke the Meseta (i hate the jargon used by mechanics here).

I desisted and just got used to drive the car like it was. On October 2014, a truck did a hit and run on me while i was stopped on an intersection. The damage was on the left side and the car was on the mechanic for nearly 4 months (my country has been having issues wit hcar parts and the such for a few years) on the reparations they even straightened the frame so according to them there was no issue. the only thing out of report was that the right front wheel was smooth like it was used a lot while the left wheel was normal. i changed wheels and let it be ( the steering wheel issued continued now according to the mechanics it was athing with the ABS but i couldnt afford any more repairs so i let it be ).

Fast forward 4 months after finally getting the last part for the hit and run repairs (the left wheel bearing, i was driving the car slowly at less than 80km/h on really short trips for a month ) , i took the car for its 20.000km engine check and maintenance, and complained about loud sound inside the cabin while driving. According to the dealership mechanics, both front wheel bearings are damaged by wear and that is what is causing the sound. the issue being that the left wheel bearing is brand new (4 months old yet it had a warranty of 90 days). And here comes the issue that made me go inside this forum , the cost for both wheel bearings is less than the cost of them installing both parts, which is out of my budget. And i have a hard time looking for 2013 aveo coupe front wheel bearings on the internet as the last Aveo on the u.s market is 2008, and i only have the option to get parts from the u.s for my car.

So how can i search for parts for my car when according to the papers and the serials it states it is a 2013 Aveo, yet there are no aveo beyond the 2008 model on the u.s market.?

bonus question would be , my car has the steering wheel issue when driving (tilted a bit to the left to drive straight while accelerating but when braking it has to be straight ). What could cause this issue? and also what could cause the extensive wheel on the left front wheel while the right front wheel was still as new ? i changed both rear wheels to the front while installing the backup wheel on the rear and the wheel with extensive wear is now as the backup wheel. i havent had time to check if the left wheel has more wear then the right wear. i might do that next week.

Thanks
      here in the u.s. the latest aveo's are 09 - 2011. your steering issue may possibly be due to a few things like tie rod, steering rack or rack pinion, alignment, control arm (bushings), damage to your shock, wheel bearings, wheel hub, damage to the spindle (knuckle). i hope this helps.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Well, all the repairs were done with 2 different autogarages. and the dealership, according to the mechanics of the dealership the car is like new. Only today i noticed that there is a small difference in height between the left and right side on the suspension .

The only way i can explain it is that both wheels have the same height, but the suspension on the left stands a bit lower compared to the right. However i will wait after i install the new wheel bearings. According to the dealership they had 2 generic ones and 2 original ones, the ones that according to them are original are from a brand named ICRBI aftermarket auto parts. dunno if they are good quality but i hope it last me some time.

Thanks
      I hope everything works out. I got to replace the front passenger wheel bearing soon. I know the frustration.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Hola! Can you post a picture of your car please, or find a picture of the same year in your country. That would at least give us an idea of what it is, and what the equivilent US model would be.

The steering issue can be a pain, I've had 2 aveos, and have NEVER gotten the steering straight. I think there's just too much play in the rack and pinion for the alignment guys to get it 100%. However, if the car is pulling under braking, that means you have a brake issue. I'd start by: making sure the brake pads, rotors, shoes, and drums are in good shape. Then bleed the brake fluid.