•  

Thread: 2010 AUtomatic Transmission trouble

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2010 AUtomatic Transmission trouble

I have a 2010 Aveo with ~60,000 miles on it and I am have trouble with the car hesistating at 20-30mph and 45-55mph. The car jerks and the rpm's bounce back and forth between 1800 and 1200 or so. Its almost like its getting caught between gears or wont fully commit to shifting or something. The car starts and runs normally, no trouble with cruising at 65, the engine is not misfiring, no check engine codes, and the transmission fluid is normal.

Any thought or ideas? I just bought the car a month ago and I don't want it to turn into a money pit.

Thanks

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      You may still have the 5 year powertrain on it... IF it's transmission related, not a coil pack or something.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      You may still have the 5 year powertrain on it... IF it's transmission related, not a coil pack or something.
      Yea I just saw the recall for the coil pack and spark plugs on another thread so I'm going to schedule that with the dealership and see if that fixes the problem. I just bought the car a month ago, not sure if it still has a warranty, the previous owner didn't say anything about it.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by James22 View Post
      Yea I just saw the recall for the coil pack and spark plugs on another thread so I'm going to schedule that with the dealership and see if that fixes the problem. I just bought the car a month ago, not sure if it still has a warranty, the previous owner didn't say anything about it.
      get that recall done, my 2010 was affected, and it was like getting a free Tuneup!

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi James22,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having automatic transmission concerns with your Aveo. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any technical advice being that I am not a technician, but I would like to take a further look into your concern. Please send us a private message referencing this thread if we can be of any assistance. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by James22 View Post
      I have a 2010 Aveo with ~60,000 miles on it and I am have trouble with the car hesistating at 20-30mph and 45-55mph. The car jerks and the rpm's bounce back and forth between 1800 and 1200 or so. Its almost like its getting caught between gears or wont fully commit to shifting or something. The car starts and runs normally, no trouble with cruising at 65, the engine is not misfiring, no check engine codes, and the transmission fluid is normal.

Any thought or ideas? I just bought the car a month ago and I don't want it to turn into a money pit.

Thanks
      My 2011 Aveo5 LT does the same thing! I thought it was me going crazy. Is very slightly the revs up and down. Mine doesnt have check engine light neither. My Aveo has 55k miles on it.