•  

Thread: 2009 Aveo Not Starting

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2009 Aveo Not Starting

Ok - I have a 2009 Aveo 5 and I just hit 272,XXX miles. A couple of months ago I decided to do the timing belt change myself. I took my time and everything seemed to be ok. Fast Forward 2 months and I drive to work and when I get in it to go home I have to crank it about 5 times before it will start. The engine turns over but it seems like it is not getting fuel.

My first reaction is that the fuel pump is going out. So I drive home and the next day I go outside and everything is fine and it starts right up. I drive 5 miles to the school and shut it off and 20 min later I get in and the same thing it takes about 5 tries to get it to start.

So I think to myself lets try the simple things and so I went and put 4 new plugs. 2 have some oil and two are a little dirty but they were replaced less than 20,000 miles ago. After I put the plugs in it started right up and I let it run for 10 min in my driveway and then shut it off and turned it back on about 5 times with no issues.

The next day same thing I go outside and the car starts up and drive it to the school 5 miles and the exact same thing happens. Takes 5 times cranking the engine and then it finally starts. I then decided I would order a new coil pack that should be here tomorrow.

Today I am on the forum and noticed the issues that others have had with the timing being off ....so I will check that tonight to see if it could be..... I don't know how it could be off or how I could drive it for 2 months and now there are issue???? Any suggestions???? Anyone think it could be the fuel pump or how I can test it????

Thanks
      Well, if there was oil on your spark plug wires, you'll definitely want to replace your valve cover gaskets. I'd start there.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      How about the fuel filter?
      U have 2 filters on youre car,one is attached to the pump itself (like a small tea bag) and the other on the fuel line.
      Also check the leads and compression.

Trimis de pe al meu HUAWEI VNS-L21 folosind Tapatalk