•  

Thread: 2008 Wave value? (24k KM/15k miles, loaded, showroom perfect)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2008 Wave value? (24k KM/15k miles, loaded, showroom perfect)

Hello Aveo forum!

I have been tasked to sell my Grandparents 2008 Pontiac G3 wave. It's a 5 door, its equipped the special "Wi" package. Fully loaded auto, A/C, power windows, locks, sunroof....I think it has every option they could get on a Wave in 08. It only has 24,000 KM/15,000 Miles. Pretty much showroom perfect, it was Gramma's grocery getter and was always in the garage and never ever driven in the winter.

Looking to sell it, what would y'all ask?

Thanks!!

Thanks
      And I must add this. After a nice long 75 Mile drive today I'm quite frankly amazed at how nice this little car drives. It holds the road very well and is quite refined for a super small car, I was especially impressed at the low rpm at 75 on the highway. My Honda CR-V is buzzing at 3700 rpm and a lot of engine racket at those speeds. Overall, I came away quite impressed with everything about it, to be honest I had very low expectations of this model of car. It'll be a great car for someone out there.

If I didn't live in a avalanche of snow 7mths a year I might have a use for a small runabout like this.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Kelly Blue Book with that low mileage, and me assuming it's in very good shape, put it at just under $7000 USD.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattaveo5 For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (10-24-2015),MetroMPG (10-17-2015),taimiroad (10-17-2015)

Thanks
      That car sounds like a real gem!

You can also search trader.ca or kijiji or craigslist for Aveos/Waves of various years to get an idea of what they're going for in your area.

Considering the odometer & condition, plus no winter use, I'd expect you could ask similar to what a much newer Aveo/Wave is selling for.

The challenge is going to be it's a unique car because of its condition, and you don't have a big pool of potential buyers around Sundre who might be willing to pay the price premium.

It's an interesting situation. Please let us know what you decide to ask and how it goes!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

taimiroad (10-17-2015)

Thanks
      It's very hard to do comparisons. Most want between 3-4K for a Wave/Aveo with 100,000+ Kms and there aren't any with less than 50k on the clock. I don't want to stare at the car for eons waiting for a buyer, think I'll throw it up for $5500 and see what happens. I'm sure it'll be the newest, lowest mileage car in my area for that kind of money. This car still smells new, good send your kid off to college car.

I've thought of bringing it to the states (i'm US and Canada citizen with family in Washington state) The US dollar is worth quite a bit more than Canadian right now. If i got $5,000 US that would be awesome. But doing that is another hassle in itself.

Thanks
      Yep, selling in the US would be a huge bonus with the exchange these days.

I'm sure it'll be the newest, lowest mileage car in my area for that kind of money. This car still smells new
      Even at 5k, this will be an excellent buy for someone. Best money I ever spent was on an older car with extremely low kilometers. It was 7 years old and literally still had the new car smell. Haven't had any problems other than normal wear items (brakes, exhaust)

Please keep us posted. A link to your ad? Be sure to post lots of pics with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (10-24-2015)