•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Strange issue

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Jb fraser thanks for the response, i have noticed these past 2 days that when it runs at cold start the misfire is only the flashing cel, when its at full temperature the misfire is physically noticeable, so thats where i keep thinking something is heating up and breaking down.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      And I'm worried that if i change the ckp sensor i will need to get a ckp variation relearn done for it to work right, neither chev dealers down here understand what i mean when i ask about it...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Egr stainless steel line is kinked at intake manifold and the flange bolts both are tight, the pipe has play at the manifold where it sits down into it.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      You've posted a number of things, and it's difficult to sort it all out because there's no exact timeline. That's not intended to criticize, because I understand how frustrating this has been for you. But one thing that's important (if I'm understanding what you wrote correctly), is that there was a period of time when there were no codes, and it was running well. Then you filled up, and it went South again.

If all of the above is correct, then a flooded/clogged charcoal canister fits in with that. So I'd be interested to know if you removed and examined the canister when you did the evap system check. If the canister is in good condition, then how long (time, KM) was the CEL off? I agree that it would be important to know if the CEL back on right after the fill-up was just coincidence, or actually has some relationship to the misfire.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      The amount of kms driven without cel was under 6km, i did pull the charcoal canister off and it was fine just alot of road filth, the vent valve attached to it you can blow through unrestricted but i can't find anything online to do with how it should be working, the purge valve i couldn't blow through at all so I'm assuming its working, but thats all back in and seems to be functional, now the steel egr line/tube is/was kinked at the intake manifold and it looks like the orange o ring is popped up through, so maybe when this car had been worked on by p.o.'s mechanic they hadn't repaired everything properly? Yes it's been frustrating, it's no 3 cylinder metro, but hey i really enjoy this car, and i refuse to give up even if it gets down to near impossible fixes. No worries av_guy about criticism, because sometimes that's what people need.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789