•  
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Strange issue

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Factory muffler but looks newer, same as the first resonator after the cat its the newest exhaust piece on the whole car "bosal"

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Also by putting the upstream o2 in place of the downstream o2 got rid of the p0141 code.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      O2 sensor failures apparently come in a bunch of different flavors. I had the upstream O2 on mine throw a heater circuit code, but there was no performance problem, misfire, or loss of MPG. And I've read a few reports where a bad O2 caused a P0420 cat code to be set. Hopefully replacing those sensors on yours will permanently eliminate all of the problems you've been getting.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm hoping for no more p0300 code, but on that note, when the car is below 1/4 tank close to 1/8 or empty there is no code, but when i fill up it comes back.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Ok so now I'm confused yet again, when its low in fuel there is no misfiring, as soon as i fueled up earlier this evening, turned on key, started up, immediately there was the misfire, I'm pulling evap system apart for an inspection, i believe its flooding the engine out.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Evap checked out fine, this all brings me back to the ckp sensor, when the car is at full temperature the ckp resistance measured at 2k ohms reads .660 but bounces up as far as .835/.880, and where i had said before about it looking white in the sensor end connector, i had confirmed it yesterday with an electrical engineer that it's actually corrosion and he said that sensor is likely heating up and cutting in and out, but again i have no performance change, just horrible fuel economy, $32 of fuel got me 330km.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm also wondering that if I change out the ckp sensor will i have to do a case relearn?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm starting to lean back towards vacuum leak at the manifold, its dry in my garage and when i start and let car warm up and reach misfire, i shut it off, and the bottom bolts of intake manifold are all wet

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      If i had a way to post videos or pictures of everything I'm running into then it would be easier to explain what I'm talking about.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Have been watching this post for awhile, and learning as well! Just wondering if your at the point where you might as well just replace the CKP sensor (since you have trouble shot it as far as you can an it will continue to ‘gnaw’ in the back ground as a possible suspect), I’m not one who subscribes to shot gunning parts but you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and have ‘circled back’ to this a few times. A multimeter can be a great tool, but as avguy said, it is not trust worthy for testing this sensor, the sampling rate is no good for signal measurement at these frequencies. IMO , I’m doubting this is the cause but as a preventative measure (since there is signs of oxidation) maybe clean the contacts,replace and move on from it.
      You have a correlation with fuel level and this event happening, maybe verify this again to confirm your suspicions and narrow down this relationship further as you have done by testing the evap system.
      sorry, no hard help in this reply but would gladly lend some test equipment if you were near.

Cheers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast