•  

Thread: Recirculation air blend door problem

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Recirculation air blend door problem

Hi - Just got a used Chevy Aveo (T300) 2012. After bringing it home I found the the recirculation/fresh air blend door is not working. Button light comes on/off, but no function. After removing the glove-box I see there is no actuator on the blend door axle. I thought first earlier owners maybe removed it due to malfunction, but I see no loose wires or connectors ... so question is: Should there be an actuator controlling this blend door ? Or is the recirculation controlled somewhere else ? Or did previous owners hide/remove wires also (which however sounds strange) ...Any clues ?

Last edited by Aveo41; 01-23-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
      So, after many struggles and searching for wiring diagrams, I finally located the "missing" wire ... well hidden behind the blower motor unit, and only accessible after removing some panels, and not exactly where wiring diagrams showed it should be. But it was there afterall ... sometimes keep insisting and be patient pays off. So - it appears some previous owners simply removed a bad actuator and did not care to replace it and just tried to hide away the wires ... no nice job !!! But that's what you sometimes get when buying a used car. Next step it to get a new actuator installed and just get going.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo41 View Post
      So, after many struggles and searching for wiring diagrams, I finally located the "missing" wire ... well hidden behind the blower motor unit, and only accessible after removing some panels, and not exactly where wiring diagrams showed it should be. But it was there afterall ... sometimes keep insisting and be patient pays off. So - it appears some previous owners simply removed a bad actuator and did not care to replace it and just tried to hide away the wires ... no nice job !!! But that's what you sometimes get when buying a used car. Next step it to get a new actuator installed and just get going.

I know this is a dead thread. But can you please help me where the blend door actuator location and what panel should be removed? Thank you

Thanks
      Remove the glovecompartment and you should find it looking up and to the right. It is attached with a horizontal axle to the blend door. At least so for an Aveo T300 model.