•  

Thread: wiring diagrams

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

wiring diagrams

Replaced the motor and tranny in my wife's o8 aveo-thought i labeled every connector....I didn't. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the engine compartment? Specifically, I didn't mark grounds or the the connectors to alt and starter. If i missed the search, I'm sorry,thanks in advance.Lenny

Thanks
      I cant my pics to load, so Im looking for info on five wires, the first three look like they go to the alternator and two to the starter. One of the starter is a large circular terminal, one is rectangular with a hole in it. Does the rectangular one bolt to the starter mounting lug? Ground? The orther two wires have a small round terminal, guessing it goes to the solenoid(?) of the starter? The fifth on is another rectangular lug with a hole....block ground? Any info is appreciated

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      are all five of those on the starter? or did you disconnect the alternator too?

according to my diagrams, there is a RED, dark blue and a pink wire that go to the alternator. And then only a red to the starter specifically on my diagram, but typically there is another smaller post on the solenoid that gets an additional wire or two. I do believe there are a few grounds on the starter bolt. But I do not have your model year.

Bases on generalities. The larger square or rectangular lug would be the outside lug of the solenoid (the one that does not have a line going to the starter) and then the other one or two round lugs should go on the smaller terminal. Any black wires would be grounds and should not go on the starter itself. But to a ground on one of the mounting bolts or something nearby.

I am not much help, I can't just go take a picture since my car is different.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      are all five of those on the starter? or did you disconnect the alternator too?

according to my diagrams, there is a RED, dark blue and a pink wire that go to the alternator. And then only a red to the starter specifically on my diagram, but typically there is another smaller post on the solenoid that gets an additional wire or two. I do believe there are a few grounds on the starter bolt. But I do not have your model year.

Bases on generalities. The larger square or rectangular lug would be the outside lug of the solenoid (the one that does not have a line going to the starter) and then the other one or two round lugs should go on the smaller terminal. Any black wires would be grounds and should not go on the starter itself. But to a ground on one of the mounting bolts or something nearby.

I am not much help, I can't just go take a picture since my car is different.
      Thanks for your time and effort. I had marked two of the starter grounds. The small one was the small stud on the starter, the alternator and the starter were the other two. really appreciate the help.