•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: throttle position sensor TPS cel (check engine light)

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

throttle position sensor TPS cel (check engine light)

so ive noticed over the past few days that sometimes when i hit the gas to accelerate thru 1st and 2nd that my car will hesitate, studder, then lurch forward in an aveo powered rush. thisz morn it got real bad and lurched pretty hard and threw a cel. it read sumtin to this effect: throttle position sensor switch A voltage correlation. cant remember whole thing as it was 5 30 am and i dont do mornings. i cleared the code, shut my car down, and messed wit my neo. yesterday i enriched slightly and seeing as my car was still in open loop cus it was cold i thought maybe the neo was ****in it up. but i leaned it slightly more than it was yesterday and it still was lurchin. i cant look under hood right now as i work and got 12 hours today so it will prolly be close to dark when i get off so i cant investigate anything, any thoughts?

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

Re: throttle pos. sensor cel

..::bump::..

anyone?

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

i have a similar problem, my car hesitates between 2500-3300 rpm on about 35-45% throttle, i get the p2135 code which is the tps sensor, i need to replace my entire throttle body since the tps is not servicable, if you have the tb with drive by cable, then you can probably replace just the sensor

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

I have a very slight but detectable hesitation in the same range you described..

Its occurs most noticeably at light throttle, in 1st and second gears (manual '06 SVM)
      Its never tripped a cel, and I've never wanted to let the dealership start ripping it apart.

I thought it might go away to but it never has.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      i have a similar problem, my car hesitates between 2500-3300 rpm on about 35-45% throttle, i get the p2135 code which is the tps sensor, i need to replace my entire throttle body since the tps is not servicable, if you have the tb with drive by cable, then you can probably replace just the sensor
      yeh thats about right, if i punch the gas it goes aight but i dont want to have to floor my car all the time on a cold start, thats just not good. do u have <2006 or 2006 model? ie u got the throttle by wire?

is replacing the whole throttle body what the gm techs said or a trusted mechanic? just trying to figure out how much of a bitch this is gonna be.

Thanks

i actually read it from an alldata.com manual that the tps is not servicable, i have also heard it from a member here on the forum. yes, i do have the 2006 model with the drive by wire. funny thing is, i ordered the tp sensor from gmpartsdirect.com for my specific model year and they sent me the sensor for the drive by cable tb, they didnt have an option to select for drive by wire. you basically have to buy the entire tb, its about 100 bucks on gmpartsdirect.com but thats probably not the right one anyway. the tb isnt hard to replace, i took it off when i had water in my engine and it wasnt as much of a pain as i thought it was gonna be

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

I had part of the throttle body replaced due to a bad tp sensor on warranty. I have an 06 wave. If I can fin the receipt, I'll post the part number.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

A couple winters ago mine thew a code for the tps because it was frosty and stuck for a split second. I brought it in... then the tech "forced a code" the service guy told me; then fried the ECM.
      06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      I had part of the throttle body replaced due to a bad tp sensor on warranty. I have an 06 wave. If I can fin the receipt, I'll post the part number.
      i think u rattled my brain a bit, wasnt there a recall on sumtin with the throttle body???

Thanks

i think there was a tsb for it, i cant remember the number, im sure you can find it online or at your dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast