•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange clock problem?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Replacing a diode will stop it from resetting? I've been having this problem with my 09 Aveo5 and it's driving me crazy. I checked both the fuses that the manual says affect the clock and they were both intact, though I replaced them anyway. Makes me want to hurry up and get a new stereo HU just so I can have a clock that keeps time.

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ExtraElectric View Post
      Replacing a diode will stop it from resetting? I've been having this problem with my 09 Aveo5 and it's driving me crazy. I checked both the fuses that the manual says affect the clock and they were both intact, though I replaced them anyway. Makes me want to hurry up and get a new stereo HU just so I can have a clock that keeps time.
      Its a common issue with the Aveo's, the clock modules die. All you can do is replace it...

-Andrew

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewButler05 View Post
      Its a common issue with the Aveo's, the clock modules die. All you can do is replace it...

-Andrew
      Realize that I've had two different problems with my POS clock: the first one was that it constantly reset itself to a wrong time. It was replaced under warranty with a new clock. Now, less than a year later, it keeps proper time but the display goes blank about half of the time, on and off. It's not worth my time to take it back and go through the 'dealer dance' again for something so insignificant.

As I've said before, if the only thing that ever goes wrong with this car is the stupid, worthless clock, I'll be grateful.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi Thymeclock

Have you spoken with your dealership? If the part was replaced at a GM dealership it may still be warrantied. I understand that some dealerships may provide a frustrating experience but it may be worth it to call and see if the clock is warrantied. I am available to call for you if you would like. Just send me a direct message and I will assist you.

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thought I'd share my recent experience with clock issues. Recently ran into the clock not keeping the correct time. It would be resetting to it's 1:00 at some point while it was parked so it was 3:00ish, 4:00ish, or whatever by the time I'd go to use the car again. Started to get more frequent over a couple weeks to the point it would reset to 1:00 most of the time I'd start it. I figured I was due for a clock replacement but I'd figure I'd check the basics first. I made sure all the fuses were well pressed in, and then I pulled the correct fuse and cleaned the contact points on the fuse. Then I popped the cover off the clock, unscrewed it and made sure the connection was pushed in tightly. Put everything back and it hasn't done it for a couple weeks. Not once. *Knock on wood*, but maybe that's all it was. I'm wondering if a bad connection leads to a 'diode' or whatever shorting out in the clock eventually.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Hi Thymeclock

Have you spoken with your dealership? If the part was replaced at a GM dealership it may still be warrantied. I understand that some dealerships may provide a frustrating experience but it may be worth it to call and see if the clock is warrantied. I am available to call for you if you would like. Just send me a direct message and I will assist you.

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Jackie,

This piece of crap clock is not worth the waste of my time. It was easier to install an accessory clock rather than to continue wasting another day or two of having to bring it to a dealer again. Actually, it's the second time it's been replaced, and the clock/airbag indicator module is a defective design.

We here on the Aveo list help ourselves, and we try to help our fellow Aveo owners. We don't get paid to sit around and get paid from GM for offering platitudes, like you do.

Thanks
      Here's my solution to the piece of crap clock on Aveos:
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      Jackie,

This piece of crap clock is not worth the waste of my time. It was easier to install an accessory clock rather than to continue wasting another day or two of having to bring it to a dealer again. Actually, it's the second time it's been replaced, and the clock/airbag indicator module is a defective design.

We here on the Aveo list help ourselves, and we try to help our fellow Aveo owners. We don't get paid to sit around and get paid from GM for offering platitudes, like you do.

Well said! I get SO annoyed and wish they would be banned from this forum! The clock on mine has failed twice before, it was the first thing the elderly couple took it back to the dealer for after they bought it. It failed again 5 months after I bought the car. It was a $30 eBay fix.

I simply refuse to have anything to do with our "Stealership" because of two bad experiences. One was the idiots at the "Quick-Lane" cracked my oil pan. After the first "free" oil change, I was in my Buddies Garage going to do an Oil Change myself. I had a long ratchet the length of a torque wrench and couldn't get the oil plug loose. I finally "broke" it loose and when I did the pan split about 5 inches from the bolt to towards the front of the car. (Dad told me later that it most likely had been cracked since the dealer serviced it) I didn't know what to do, I couldn't afford to have it towed or taken to a shop, and was NOT taking it back to the dealer. I called my dad and he came over, we took it off cleaned it inside and out and he said he had an idea. I said Ok and took it home and then we proceeded to welded it. You have to preheat aluminum due to how well it dissipates heat. That was nearly 8 months ago and has been fine ever since. That weld is "stronger" than the pan now, the only way it would break would be in an accident.

The second incident was the next morning after we fixed it, I went back to the dealer and demanded to know why this had happened. They of course denied it, this is my first car afterall and I was SO BEYOND pissed. They offered to move it into the bay and look at it, I refused and said no you can crawl out there and look underneath it. That being said, I demanded that if they didn't look up the book cost of a new oil pan and pay me the full retail price that I was going to call the police. (I know this most likely would've been futile) The three of them stood there for what seemed like 5 minutes and they said Ok. They paid me the book price of $136.xx for a new oil pan. I said Thank You, and I will NEVER return to this crooked establishment. I said just wait until you guys screw up some sweet little old lady's brand new cadillac or something. You'll think I was the nicest person on the planet. /endrant

Oh! And you would think that Jackie and the other reps would realize that people come here for questions and advice because they hate the DEALERS!!! Would one of the Admins care to "chime-in" and explain why they have been allowed to annoy everyone up until this point???

Thanks
      Remove 2009 chevy aveo clock that continually resets. The problem is mine DOES NOT have a d1 diode only two empty holes. I have a 1n4007 diode but the clock doesn't! I will post a picture.

Thanks
      Hopefully the photos added.

Not sure if I should ADD diode one or what.

Attached Images Attached Images     

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast