•  

Thread: Starter wire placement

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Starter wire placement

2006 Aveo 1.6L I had to replace the engine to heater core hose as it had broke by the clamp near the engine, which required removing the starter. I was in a rush considering I was/am laying in snow putting this car back together, and forgot the wire placement on the starter. The picture attached shows the wires attached to the starter and one wire attached to the solenoid. On the right hand side of that solenoid another wire is attached.....where is that wire coming from (harness)? I'm looking all around for it but can't seem to locate where it went after I removed it. Any picture showing the wire still attached to that side of the solenoid would be gratefully appreciated.

On the flip side, the removal of the engine to heater core hose was as follows:
      1. Remove battery
      2. Raise vehicle
      3. Reduce antifreeze level and remove hoses going to reservoir box and place out of the way from the egr valve tube. Disconnect the egr valve and place wire aside.
      4. 13 mm closed wrench on top starter bolt, accessible by going down and under egr valve tube. Bust the nut, twist out with hand or small grip extension and socket.
      5. Under vehicle, remove starter mount bolt wires and top solenoid wire, lower starter, remove wire attached to right side of solenoid. Remove starter, should drop down.
      6. Clamp attached to hose going from engine to heater core. I used a small vicegrip and released the clamp, but my hose broke right at the port attached to the engine, so I shot some pb blast around the port and remaining hose, stuck a screwdriver along the side of the port, wedged it in, and starter pushing up on the hose until it popped off.
      7. Disconnect clamp from hose attached to heater core.
      8. Reverse instructions for reassembly with the following notes:
      a. soak new hose in hot or warm water so that the flared part fits over the port on the engine. Use vaseline on the port to make it easier to get it on.
      b. When replacing the starter, attach the top starter bolt by twisting it in from underneath the car and finish from the top as described by the removal procedure.
      c. Fill with antifreeze, run to normal op temp, check for leaks, etc.

Name:  2013-08-25 19.54.56.jpg
Views: 19585
Size:  209.3 KB

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Thanks for the detailed description on the heater hose removal. I need to get back there and I didn't know how. Hopefully your guide will solve my problem. (No heat)

As for the started pic u requested... I have an 06 as well. Where is the starter located and can it be reached without jacking the car up?