•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smoke coming out of flex pipe

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi guys,

Okay about to head over the shop. Got the Risolne treatment. I got the compressor already there and still looking for the compression tester for the leak down test. Got me some carburetor cleaner to clean EGR and will replace its gasket. I am going to replace the coil and wires (I have extra ones went to junk yard and got some to see if mine are bad). hopefully I find the problem. Thanks

Thanks
      Update:

Got here. Went and grab a fuel compression tester and did the test it was never below 30 or higher than 60. Saw a video saying those are the red zones. it did if i remember right 45 or so. turn on the engine and it was holding the same. When I was about to pour the Risolne I noticed that the bottom part of the cap had a milky ****! thought it was coolant and was about to shoot my self but read and it looks like there is moisture in the engine which I can agree since the EGR had some drops of water in it. I need to get rid off the moisture any suggestions ?

Have not done the Leaking down test yet but where can I start if I want to see if there is any vacuum/ air leak? When I turn off the engine it sounds like if there is air exiting somehwere idk. :S

Thanks
      Well back at home. another day another failure. changed coil and wires and nothing changed. Did a leakdown test but I must say that it is kind of hard to find out if there is a leak. all the pistons showed to be with no leak but only when I brought one by one to top dead center. What I mean by this is that I would bring piston 1 to DTC and there will be no leak but when I go and check number 4 there will be a leak unless I turn the crankshaft a little bit and then there will be no leak. The only way that I was able to check for a leak was through the air intake throttle. The car has no radiator cap and I do not know how to check for leaks on the exhaust side. The Risolne didn't really help. open for any suggestions!!

Thanks
      Interesting to follow this adventure! It's difficult to follow what you're trying to do since you don't really know what you're doing. But there's no doubt you're learning as you go. We readers won't know what you're doing when you "grab a fuel compression tester" for example since there is no such tool as a "fuel compression tester". Most of what you're checking has no relation to any knocking sound, but it's useful for you to learn how to take things apart and put them back together again. If you can (and the car is driveable) take it to an experienced mechanic and ask. You'll get an experienced answer right away without having to disassemble everything.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by JJJoseph View Post
      Interesting to follow this adventure! It's difficult to follow what you're trying to do since you don't really know what you're doing. But there's no doubt you're learning as you go. We readers won't know what you're doing when you "grab a fuel compression tester" for example since there is no such tool as a "fuel compression tester". Most of what you're checking has no relation to any knocking sound, but it's useful for you to learn how to take things apart and put them back together again. If you can (and the car is driveable) take it to an experienced mechanic and ask. You'll get an experienced answer right away without having to disassemble everything.
      Well man first, I am glad you were able to reply. I would have never ever thought about taking the car to a mechanic. Your IQ must be 120 or higher. I feel lucky I got your very helpful input about what I could do.

Sh!t If I can drive the car I would have done it already in the first place. No, I do not know the correct term for that tool. knowing the right name or not wouldn't make any difference at all. Fuel Pressure testing Kit. Big difference. Doesn't do sh!t for me. No, I am not a mechanic If I was I wouldn't post things here to get help. I have worked on cars before replacing parts but never had this problem. You sound like you know all this. Then, why don't you tell me what is the problem then? sound like you are an expert. Why don't help, which is the idea of this forum, instead of talking sh!t? I checked the fuel pressure to confirm that all fuel injectors were getting fuel and to make sure that injectors number 1 and 2, which are at the end of the fuel line, were sending enough gas. This would create a lower combustion and might create the noise.

Furthermore, the idea about the forum is to help so you input is useless. People come here for help because they are not expert and/or want to learn and replace the part themselves. Go post negative sh!t somewhere else. Actually, typing more is just not worth it for me since it is for someone like you. so to sum it up Fu<k 0FF.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      In JJJoseph's defense, it is hard to decipher what someone is talking about when proper names of tools are not used, getting mad and aiming profanity at people just alienates people and makes it so they don't want to help somebody... we all come to this forum for help with problems not to get pissed on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123