•  

Thread: Rough idle, P2110 and 2106, HELP ME!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Rough idle, P2110 and 2106, HELP ME!!

Alright here we go! Problem started a few weeks ago, got to a red light and rpm needle was bouncing up and down all by itself. I could actually hear the engine going with it so not just the gage.. Rpm drops to about 250-500. After that's I have a few problems with the car not responding when I pressed on the gas.. So I went and got throttle body cleaner and cleaned the whole thing, it was quite dirty. Found out my air intake was cracked so replaced that. Now car responds when j pressed on the gas so that's better. BUT.. Car goes in limp mode after 150kms. I'll clear the code and sure enough, after another 150 Kms I get the same problem.. So I bought a new throttle body and a new pcv valve.. Haven't driven 150kms yet but I still get a bouncy rpm and it dips pretty low when I'm stopping.. Please help!! 2006 hatch back..

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Are those codes still active now? If so, they might be indicating a bad throttle pedal/position sensor assembly. That unit is around $100, so if there's a u-pull in your area, it might be worth trying that instead of buying a new one.

Thanks
      No I cleared the code when I did the throttle body. I have only driven 46km since then so will have to wait till I hit 150. Light usually goes off on its on if I keep driving with it on. Also should mention it almost always struggles to start in the morning, I have to give it some gas to keep it alive, only in the morning after sitting there all night and only for a few seconds then it's like it kicks in.. I'm so lost at this point, no other codes but the 2 above..

Thanks
      The problem mostly occur when I'm breaking and not pressing on gas.. The engine not responding when I pressed on gas problem seemed to have been fixed when I changed the air intake hose.. I'm thinking next step could be changing the egr valve, but hoping someone else had this bouncy rpm problem.. And knows the solution!!

Thanks
      Alright well drove it a few hundred kilometres and no more limp mode, the rpm needle still isn't right, goes too low when I stop, and really struggles to start.. It dies right away like its starving for something. Takes a few times and I have to pump the gas until it kicks in. Only happens of the first start in the morning and then fine all day.. I'm so lost!!