•  

Thread: My 09 Automatic wont start

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy My 09 Automatic wont start

So i went into the mall at about 7p came out at 9p to start my car & it wouldn't
      turn on, it wouldnt turn over or click. There was absolutley no sound when i tried to turn
      it on. The lights, radio n clock all came on. A passerby said he could jump it, so he did
      but the results were the same. i had a mechanic look at it today n he said the was pretty
      sure it was the Anti-thefy lock system and it should be reset. I dont understand, has anyone ever
      heard of this? I need your help as I am a single mom of three with limited funds. Thanks

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by arlenechavez View Post
      So i went into the mall at about 7p came out at 9p to start my car & it wouldn't
      turn on, it wouldnt turn over or click. There was absolutley no sound when i tried to turn
      it on. The lights, radio n clock all came on. A passerby said he could jump it, so he did
      but the results were the same. i had a mechanic look at it today n he said the was pretty
      sure it was the Anti-thefy lock system and it should be reset. I dont understand, has anyone ever
      heard of this? I need your help as I am a single mom of three with limited funds. Thanks
      There are a number of threads in here about this problem or problems like it. I also have a 2009 and when it's colder out and I shut the car off I sometimes have to sit there for a minute with the key in the start position before it will turn over has been this way since new, it does always start though. If your a mom with kids and limited funds I would highly recommend you get rid of this car...I totaled up today at 49,000 miles I will have put or will put into this car this week almost $ 2000.00 bucks..and the place I bought some of my parts use to actually run these cars for there parts delivery service he told me to sell it ASAP they got rid of their fleet. Buy yourself a good shape Chev Cavalier, it I know will stay together as for anything new of Chev's I will not even look at.
      Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-05-2012 at 03:04 AM. Reason: edit grammer

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by arlenechavez View Post
      Hi arlenechavez,

Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear about your experience. If you like to private message me the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN#, I would be glad to take a look to see if there are any special coverages or bulletins on your vehicle that may be a factor to what's going on here.

Vanessa,
      GM Customer Service