•  

Thread: Manual 2011 Chevrolet Aveo 'Hiccuping' and losing RPM (tacometer)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Unhappy Manual 2011 Chevrolet Aveo 'Hiccuping' and losing RPM (tacometer)

I recently purchased my first chev vehicle after years of Honda vehicles... so far I absolutely love it, but I am a little worried about its recent behavior lol. I could be doing 100kpm, 60kpm etc... (in other words, doesn't matter the speed but usually while I am in 5th gear) it suddenly hiccups (jolts like it suddenly went out of gear and back in) and my RPM (tacometer) goes down to 0 and won't budge. It feels like my car becomes sluggish, almost as if it had a power loss. Everything else works, my radio, lights... etc... I only lose the tacometer. I always pull over and shut my car off and power down (open the door so the radio also shuts off), Start it right up and she's good to go again. It happened once while at a stop light, it stalled and I didn't even realize it had. I started it back up, proceeded to a safe spot to pull over and did the process of getting my tacometer back. It was suggested there wasn't enough voltage running from my battery to my alternator.. so we tested the battery and it has full voltage. We could not test the alternator at the time as it is down under and muddy lol. Everything is tight and clean on the battery and everything tight on the alternator. I was advised it wouldn't be the alternator as I wouldnt be able to start my car up (my battery would be dead). I only drive my car to and from work (25 min drive to and from) and it happens usually once a day. I have read other posts but nothing specific to my situation so I thought I would post to see if anyone has gone through something similar. Unfortunately I am the only Aveo owner I know around here lol! Sorry for the long post and if there are any questions I am happy to answer (please bare with me.. I am not car savvy but learning)!! Thank you!!

Last edited by Laurali987; 04-28-2018 at 01:48 PM.