•  
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: list of Aveo recalls by model year

Casual Roadtripper RicochetRandy's Avatar
      Thanks
      This thread is missing a recall I think.
      Was on the phone with dealer and they said the 2005 model has a throttle body icing issue. She mumbled something about the recall number being 07047. I made an appointment right away to fix it!

CJS
      Thanks
      I just came across the 2007 recall regarding the fuel line. I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo L5 Hatchback and I have been very happy with it. Bought it in 2009 when it was just a little over two years old; prior owner was a snowbird and the car only had 6125 miles on it when I drove it off the lot (4 of those were my test drive).

I sent this the recall info to my Chevy Dealer (they have been very prompt in the past when I've contacted them) and I also looked through the manual regarding the engine info but I don't see specifics that would indicate my vehicle is one of the 17,000+ affected. Someone posted the recall was VIN# specific? Seems odd to me, since I bought this from the dealer, they would not have heard from the original owner about this but it says 'N/A' regarding date owners were notified--so that means they weren't??? I've received mailings about my car from the GMPP extended warranty company and also from the dealer regarding maintenance schedules, but nothing concerning a potentially hazardous flaw in the (hopefully unlikely) event of an accident.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Those Koreans certainly know what they are doing.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi CJS,

The manual wouldn't be an indication of whether or not your vehicle is affected by a recall since it doesn't indicate varying vehicle components; it is made to be a standard guide. However, if you'd like to send us your VIN and mileage, we'd be happy to verify any recall information for your Aveo. For your reference, you can monitor the Chevrolet Owners Center website at www.my.chevrolet.com for information on service announcements or recalls listed for your specific vehicle.

Amber N.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I would never send you guys my vin.

CJS
      Thanks
      Hi Amber, I went to the Chevy Owners Site; I was unable to create an account (not sure why, but when I clicked on that option the page was blank) but I entered the VIN and received a message stating there were no recalls associated with that number. Hopefully that site is accurate; I have not yet heard back from the dealer.
      Last edited by CJS; 05-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks
      Hey CJS,

I am sorry you were unable to register on the Chevrolet Owners Site. I would try again later just to make sure. In the mean time, you can private message us your VIN and we can verify your recall stance as well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany (Assisting)
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

CJS
      Thanks
      Hi Erica, I tried again and this time was able to set up an account. My car's VIN came up automatically and once again I received a message that no current recalls were associated with that number. I hope that also includes all prior recalls, and that they keep those on file indefinitely.

Thanks
      Hi CJS,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to access the site and that there are no recalls associated with your VIN. We are here if you ever have any other questions or concerns regarding your vehicle. Feel free to send us a private message if we are needed.

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care

CJS
      Thanks
      Thank you.

I also just heard back from the dealer who gave me the same information (no recalls associated with my car's VIN). I asked what source he used; he said he used an "internal GM web site for dealers".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast