•  

Thread: Help! Has this happened to anyone here?

What's wrong with my car? Magoo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Help! Has this happened to anyone here?

New to the forum,hello. I have a 2004 hatchback 130,000mi. that I bought new in 04. I've had the "normal" problems, broke the timing belt at 65,000 and had to change the head. Replaced the belt at 120,000 pre-emptively. Some lines and hoses and whatever over the years. But this one has me scratching my head. I was driving down a backroad the other day when BANG chug chug chug. It continued to run but this was bad. Lost all of the oil within a minute or so but believe it or not, it made it home, about a half a mile with about 10% of braking power. It was running really rough and LOUD but never shut off! I refilled the oil and started it up, all of the oil left very quickly right behind the radiator hose neck on the left side of the engine (looking at it). I have no idea if it threw a rod, cracked the block, blew the head gasket or what. I haven't had a chance to get a good look yet. I'll have to take it apart to even be able to see in there. No water in the oil or oil in the water It will start and run really bad, but it will run on it's own Any one been here? How about a armchair diagnosis? Any help or ideas will be appreciated. It will be a few days until I can get to it. Thanks and again, Hello!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      You posted this same thing yesterday and received a reply. This type of duplicate posting is the kiss of death on these forums, so goodbye and good luck.

What's wrong with my car? Magoo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      No harm meant. Simply wanted to move it to a more fitting forum. Thanks for your reply.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      w/ dual ohc my guess is your using engine as a brake to slow down...owners manual clearly states do not use engine to slow down...use brake pedal only then shift to optimal gear to accelerate ...