•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine and hold lights flashing

xyz
      What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Problem Fixed.
      Took the Aveo to a different dealer (Old Mill Chevrolet Toronto) they tried the relearn and it wouldn't take so they wiped the computer clean and reinstalled the software then the cam position sensor relearn worked. The car works like new now.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
      Hi all I have a similar problem, Aveo 2005 in limp mode with high gas mileage after engine replacement because of idler pulley failure.
      When replacing the engine I noticed the transmission coolant line had failed in the rad, so i flushed the coolant out of the tranny and replaced the rad
      Seems a huge coincidence the idler pulley and the rad went at the same time or would one cause the other to fail ?
      The code is p0300 random multiple cylinder misfire.
      I have been driving it in limp mode over a month and on two occasions it came out of limp mode but still had the cel on, once for over an hour (drove nice shifting properly) and the other time for arround 5 mins on both occasions i was checking wires under the hood just prior,but can not replicate.
      I have checked the harness voltages and all correct, changed the cps map tps plugs and leads misted the coils looked OK.
      I had no ideas left so i took it to the stealership for a cam position sensor relearn.
      They said it was a slipped timing belt and the relearn would not take, so i checked the belt and it was correct.
      I am now thinking it may need the ecm reflashing.
      Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

I would go elsewhere they probabelly didn't do it right, try goodyear.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      We're glad to hear that Old Mill was able to work out a resolution for you, xyz! I noticed you're writing from Canada, and wanted to let you know that if you should ever want to speak with Customer Service for your region you can contact GM of Canada at 800-263-3777 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Sarah (Assisting Vanessa), Chevrolet Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      OMG....I have a 2008 Aveo,auto.. My engine light has been on for 1 1/2 years... My dealership replaced the sensor about a year ago. I faithfully take my aveo in every three months for a oil change..After senor was replaced the light went out for about 2 months.. Then back on... Very fustrating. Then about 4 months ago, went in for a timing belt replacement(2nd one @ 112,000 miles) and oil change, and when I got into my car to drive away....WOW not only was my engine light on, but my hold light too...The only thing they changed differently was the interior air filter. I went over the edge.. They told me to drive it home and come back and leave the car the next day.. Which I did. I DID notice that my car had problems with sticky gears.. Well they changed my GAS petal...HUMMMM.. Both lights went off...Then a month ago, I am driving on highway, 83 miles to work.. My car lost excelleration.. Thank-goodnes, I drove it to a nearby dealership, barely limped into the garage.. Left car.. picked up after work, Needed new Throdal body ...Then car ran another month..Now engine light back on.. Noticed my GAS CAP is not closing tightly, and there is a sensor there tooo.. This is my next replacement. Last week, replaced all brake pads, back disc brakes (1st time in 119,000 miles.. Front pads..waranteed Midas.. struts too.. New tires...Cars are expensive, but just paid it off, and I need to drive it another 100,000 miles... use regular gas.. Drive highway miles to work.. Keep at 60 mph.. great mileage.. REALLY drops down if I lean on 70mph... Love my Aveo 5 door....

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sammy2012 View Post
      OMG....I have a 2008 Aveo,auto.. My engine light has been on for 1 1/2 years... My dealership replaced the sensor about a year ago. I faithfully take my aveo in every three months for a oil change..After senor was replaced the light went out for about 2 months.. Then back on... Very fustrating. Then about 4 months ago, went in for a timing belt replacement(2nd one @ 112,000 miles) and oil change, and when I got into my car to drive away....WOW not only was my engine light on, but my hold light too...The only thing they changed differently was the interior air filter. I went over the edge.. They told me to drive it home and come back and leave the car the next day.. Which I did. I DID notice that my car had problems with sticky gears.. Well they changed my GAS petal...HUMMMM.. Both lights went off...Then a month ago, I am driving on highway, 83 miles to work.. My car lost excelleration.. Thank-goodnes, I drove it to a nearby dealership, barely limped into the garage.. Left car.. picked up after work, Needed new Throdal body ...Then car ran another month..Now engine light back on.. Noticed my GAS CAP is not closing tightly, and there is a sensor there tooo.. This is my next replacement. Last week, replaced all brake pads, back disc brakes (1st time in 119,000 miles.. Front pads..waranteed Midas.. struts too.. New tires...Cars are expensive, but just paid it off, and I need to drive it another 100,000 miles... use regular gas.. Drive highway miles to work.. Keep at 60 mph.. great mileage.. REALLY drops down if I lean on 70mph... Love my Aveo 5 door....

Hello Sammy2012,

Thank you for your post and being a Chevy Customer! I apologize for any frustrations that Aveo5 has caused since owning. Although you've had various issues with your Aveo5, it sounds like you've gotten those issues resolved. Congratulations on paying your Aveo off and hope you continue enjoying your Aveo5 especially not having a payment now.

If you have any questions or customer service concerns, please know that I am here to provide customer assistance if and when needed.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123