•  

Thread: Clock

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Clock

So my dash clock in my O8 aveo does not work. The airbag on and off light works, but thats it. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Is there a way to fix this without replacing the whole clock???

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Sorry to hear about the issue with your clock. If you're unable to resolve the issue, a GM Certified Tech should be well-equipped to handle the issue. Let us know if you decide to take it in. If you send a PM, please send an e-mail to gmcustsvc@yahoo.com with your VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and vehicle mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you. Regards.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dc967506 View Post
      So my dash clock in my O8 aveo does not work. The airbag on and off light works, but thats it. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Is there a way to fix this without replacing the whole clock???
      Do a search on the topic. I think someone had determined it's caused by a bad diode in the clock - but unless you are savvy with electronic repairs you might not be able to repair it.

My clock went bad under warranty and they replaced the clock. It was like pulling teeth to get the dealer to do it, but persistence pays.

If it's not worth the effort, put a piece of black electrical tape over it. Fortunately the car will run the same with or without the dumb clock.

Thanks
      hey! i have a 2010 Aveo LT and I just bought it used August 1st. My clock stopped too! (digital) is there a fuse to change? i can't even find it on the fuse panel. where is it? is that all it is??????

Thanks
      Hi boopbettyx

The fuse information is on page 6-88 of your manual. Did you purchase this Aveo from a GM dealership? If so I may be able to call and see if they can look into this issue for you. Just send me a private message if you are interested in my assistance. Happy Saturday!

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Last edited by Chevy Customer Svc; 10-05-2013 at 07:46 PM.
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      my audio and radio all work fine, just the clock stopped showing up. is this a fuse issue?

Thanks
      Hi I am actually not a technician. While I am here to assist you I would not be able to answer that question without it being looked at. The Customer Care Agents use the dealerships as our eyes and ears in the field. I would be happy to do some research into this and make some calls for you if you are interested.

Jackie
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by boopbettyx View Post
      my audio and radio all work fine, just the clock stopped showing up. is this a fuse issue?
      No, the clock is a piece of electronic garbage. My clock also goes blank. And that's 6 months after it was replaced under warranty with a new clock.

GM reps will tell you to go to a dealer to make you go "dancing" with the dealer, asking them to fix it. If your car is over three years old it's out of warranty - if so, that's a waste of time. Even if they give you a new clock it's a POS.

I had a continued correspondence with "Jackie" about this very issue - the bottom line is that GM will tell you that it is at the discretion of the dealership that you go to. Neither Jackie, nor GM, nor any dealer wants to fix this. Don't hold your breath waiting for a recall on the stupid clock. It's not a safety issue.

My advice is to put a piece of black electrical tape over the clock display and forget about it. Let's hope that their crappy clock is the only thing that goes wrong with our Aveos.

Last edited by Thymeclock; 10-06-2013 at 04:26 AM.