•  

Thread: CD Player Error 7 Message

What's wrong with my car? Interstate275Fla's Avatar
      Thanks

CD Player Error 7 Message

Lately in my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT my CD player gives an Error 7 message. I turn the radio off, wait about a minute, turn it back on and insert a CD and the CD player works again. This has been going on for some time, however infrequently.

For example, today I had problems with my CD player: First it gave an Error 8 message and the CD ejected. I turned the radio off, waited a half a minute and turned it back on. Insert a CD and then an Error 7. Eject the CD, reboot by turning off the radio and turning it back on again. After several tries, I got the CD player working again.

Is there a trick to resolve the Error 7 messages I am getting from my CD player, short of having to replace the unit?

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

CD Player Error 7 Message

Quote Originally Posted by Interstate275Fla View Post
      Lately in my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT my CD player gives an Error 7 message. I turn the radio off, wait about a minute, turn it back on and insert a CD and the CD player works again. This has been going on for some time, however infrequently.

For example, today I had problems with my CD player: First it gave an Error 8 message and the CD ejected. I turned the radio off, waited a half a minute and turned it back on. Insert a CD and then an Error 7. Eject the CD, reboot by turning off the radio and turning it back on again. After several tries, I got the CD player working again.

Is there a trick to resolve the Error 7 messages I am getting from my CD player, short of having to replace the unit?
      hello Interstate275Fla,
      Sorry to hear this but not sure what's going with your CD player. If you would like for me to research further, I would be glad to do so. If so, please pm your last 8-digits of your VIN, first and last name. I could check your VIN to see if there are any recalls or special coverages related to the problem you're having with your CD player.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Today i try loading 2 different CDs and gave me an error 7 and then another number but i cant remember the other number. Only wanted to work am/fm. I have a 2011 Aveo 5 lt w/o xm.