•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C is leaking

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

A/C is leaking

So this is not really engine, but it does bolt to it... It's not drive train either, but anywho...

Has anyone had any work done on their A/C? If so, what was the problem? I just cleaned the engine pretty good and need to top off the a/c with the dye fluid but thought I would ask here too.

Also, inside the car it sounds like it's breathing or leaking out air somewhere but I have listened around, but cant find it. Next step is to use my electronic stethoscope.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: A/C is leaking

could it be leaking on the inside from the heater core?

Thanks

possibly I guess... does anyone have a direct link to the a/c line diagram?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      possibly I guess... does anyone have a direct link to the a/c line diagram?
      as in the hoses? its all visible under the hood, kind of. starting at the compressor, the high side goes to the firewall, the connection at the firewall is the evaporator, the the low side line comes out of the evaporator and goes to the condenser in from of the radiator. front the radiator it goes back to the compressor. there is a dryer (cylindrical tube thing, sometimes has a glass eye), two connectors for filling, and a pressure switch somewhere in the system also, but my aveo doesnt have ac so i cant be specific.

if you have a leak, or think you do, check the condenser for rock mars in the tubes.. this could be road road debris...

Thanks

from the sounds of it, the problem is inside. i need to hook up my knock sensor (a modified whisper 2000) and find the source of the noise. From there, i can probably find the leak.

Today was too damn hot to not have AC

Thanks

For now and to save the carpet i would get a rubber floor mat and see if you can catch any leaking fluid. It might help you see where it is comming from as well.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

a refrigerant leak in the evaporator won't pour onto the floor. it would come out a mist onto your windshield.

does the inside of your windshield look like a streaking "grease" coated mess? you can still see through it though..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      a refrigerant leak in the evaporator won't pour onto the floor. it would come out a mist onto your windshield.

does the inside of your windshield look like a streaking "grease" coated mess? you can still see through it though..
      You my friend are the winner. Not now, but it did last year when I topped off the A/C. I still haven't looked into this... perhaps tonight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit

It will do both, floor and windshield mist. I've experienced this firsthand with a '91 Geo Metro and when my heater core busted, my carpet was ruined from all the green goop pouring out of the floor vents.

About the windshield mist, you will want to take care of this one immediately. Not only will your windshield be covered in green film, you will also inevitably breath in some of the airborne antifreeze, which is not good for your lungs.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

a heater core is in no way related to the A/C. There is an evaporator, and the freon is not liquid, it's a gas. The only liquid in an A/C is oil for the pump...about an once of it.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast