•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucking / surge on Acceleration...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Bucking / surge on Acceleration...

Hey, I'm still here.

My car still does this too. Just not right now, it seems to coincide with the hot humid weather.

I've always been able to live with it since it seems to throw no codes.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks

I'd suggest taking a look through the technical service bulletins. There seems to be quite a bit on throttle bodies in there.

Thanks

The stealership always wanted to start nickle & diming me, with a "fuel injection service".

They thought that would cure the problem....probably because it was something they could charge me for, while the car was still under warranty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      I'd suggest taking a look through the technical service bulletins. There seems to be quite a bit on throttle bodies in there.
      Yeah there is and believe it or not, my car has a CEL on for over 40K mile now for a TB position sensor and the dealership refused me warranty work because I have an aftermarket alarm system installed, go figure. So much for the magnasum-moss act or whatever it is. Chevy customer service is no help either, they back up the dealer. I fought for a while on this and pretty much learned to live with the light. 2 more years until i need inspection so I plan on killing it by then.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I had this problem when I first got it the dealership wouldn't do anything until my mom threatened to write Lemon on the car and they found out that the Emission control was bad and had to be replaced. Remember to read your Lemon laws for your state it is your best friend.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Yeah there is and believe it or not, my car has a CEL on for over 40K mile now for a TB position sensor and the dealership refused me warranty work because I have an aftermarket alarm system installed, go figure. So much for the magnasum-moss act or whatever it is. Chevy customer service is no help either, they back up the dealer. I fought for a while on this and pretty much learned to live with the light. 2 more years until i need inspection so I plan on killing it by then.
      Just Write Lemon on the car and they have to fix it. Some states with these laws once they find that the dealership just outright denied a service claim they have to give you a brand new car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12